Your Ad Could Be Here

Looking for a good Website builder

Hello all,

I'm currently getting started on creating my website. I have the domain, now I need a relatively inexpensive website builder that will allow me to stream some songs and sell merchandise. I've searched google a plethora of times and it feel just about like I should print out a list and throw a dart at it. So, if anyone has any good website builders they use that accomplish the above and are relatively easy to use, please let me know as I'd like to check out some samples of websites. I've got about 5 I'm going back and forth with and only one of those provides good samples of websites without having to create an account. 

Thanks!

Randy

Randy I used squarespace - seems fairly simple to use, lots of templates and also allow you to sell from your own page. The monthly fee isn’t to bad either.

Wix is another I looked at.

1 minute ago, Richard Tracey said:

Randy I used squarespace - seems fairly simple to use, lots of templates and also allow you to sell from your own page. The monthly fee isn’t to bad either.

Wix is another I looked at.

Thanks Richard. Wix was one of the ones at the top of the list, I'll check out squarespace, thanks for the info.

Randy

Some questions you should perhaps ask:

Is there a limitation on numbers of pages?

Can I easily add my songs?

Is there a limitation on numbers of songs?

Is there a built in shop? If not can I add one?

Can I run a mailing list?

Does the mailing list have an autoresponder? (Pretty essential)

If not, can you add one?

Can you fully export your mailing list members?

Can you fully export autoresponder messages?

Does it have an integrated blog?

If so, is it capable of “dripping” content? (Very useful)

Can I add advertising?

What social media integration does it have?

Does it have an integrated contact mechanism?

Does it have a broad range of customisable themes?

Is there a broad range of optional modules?

Are there 3rd party modules, tools themes?

Is the content editor wysiwyg?

Is there an integrated audio/video player?

It is late, I will no doubt think on more. Feel free to ask questions. :)

Such as are thereintegrated usage statistics? Can you use Google Analytics?

lol

9 hours ago, john said:

Such as are thereintegrated usage statistics? Can you use Google Analytics?

My bank account will be one way I'm keeping track. LOL :D

Thanks John. The content dripping is something I do want to use at some point without a doubt.

Randy

43 minutes ago, HoboSage said:

Randy:  I'm using Wix, and you can start with the free service and pretty much build the whole thing before upgrading, except for actually being able to sell downloads (which Wix does via integrated Shopify) and use your own domain name like just1l.com.

Yeah, I'm looking for 5 that do what I want and then compare the free or lowest price and premium version so I'll know what I'll pay when I do eventually upgrade. So far it looks like Wix is winning. I couldn't find anything on content dripping but I also know I won't be needing that for at least a year or so and I would guess they will have that by then, if they don't already. Haven't "super dug" yet but didn't find it on the initial search.

I could be misunderstanding it but I thought it was a bit more than that. My understanding is … Let's say you have a membership site, even if it's a free membership. Lets say you sign up and then each week something new comes out. For example: A 10-part series on Rock and Roll in St. Louis. Each week a new part comes out. With content dripping, I think, for each new member, they start with part one of the series and it goes from there. New members couldn't join say 6-months from now and get the whole thing at once. They'd simply start with the first part and continue week by week. It wouldn't be about keeping them coming back for monetary gain as much as it would be about keeping them coming back out of anticipation and interest. Well, ideally anyways. Kind of flies in the face of the "give it to me and I want it all NOW" mantra of these days. Which is why I like it. Sometimes you just gotsta chill, relax that mind, enjoy...

You can also use content dripping and autoresponder to queue up content ahead of schedule. Useful for launches and releases which can be busy enough. For example pre-drafting announcements and offers. You can always augment using normal posting/mailing... but it saves a lot of time at a time when there can be a lot of demand on your time. More so when you start having interviews and reviews,

Scheduling means things go out at the optimum time... not when you squeeze it in. No hurried wording, you can spend time and get it right.

There are several uses for both tools

Archived