Your Ad Could Be Here

Brain Damage (P.Floyd) - Alternative Rock Arrangement

Hi everyone.

This is the second cover song of our first album. It is "Brain Damage" by Roger Waters, one of my favourite songs.

"The Dark Side of the Moon" has been a fundamental album for people of my generation and I still love all of it. But I've always loved Brain Damage in particular for the lyrics. Those lyrics could have be written yesterday. They could fit in a song by the Korn.

So I've tried to write a different arrangement to see if it worked. (and it works for me and for us of course).

There is no video (just a photo). Making videos takes a long time and we decided to make videos only on those songs that are a little easier to listen.

I'd like to have a review mainly on the arrangement and the production. But any review is well accepted,

Thanks in advance

Roberto

@robertolabruna Pink Floyd is an amazing band!  I'd argue that their stuff is essential listening for any serious rock/pop musician.  Great song choice for a cover!  I'm no pro when it comes to arrangement and production, but to my ears this sounds great!  I love the guitars!  Great little solo!  When it first started Tool and A Perfect Circle came to mind, but the comparison faded quickly.  The only critique I'd give is the vox sound a bit thin or a tiny bit too low in the mix.  Otherwise, great job!      

2 hours ago, nicetalkintoya said:

@robertolabruna Pink Floyd is an amazing band!  I'd argue that their stuff is essential listening for any serious rock/pop musician.  Great song choice for a cover!  I'm no pro when it comes to arrangement and production, but to my ears this sounds great!  I love the guitars!  Great little solo!  When it first started Tool and A Perfect Circle came to mind, but the comparison faded quickly.  The only critique I'd give is the vox sound a bit thin or a tiny bit too low in the mix.  Otherwise, great job!      

Thank you James for your kindness and support! Tool and A Perfect Circle are 2 of the main references for the project (the project itself would not exist if I hadn't heard "Imagine" by A Perfect Circle).   

We have been playing this one for 3 or 4 years now. And I cannot take the credit for the solo :). We are working with 2 young sound engineers (Amerigo Prato e Valerio Mazzeo) here in Milan. And they are also musicians  and like to be involved in the refinement of the arrangement. Valerio made a different solo and it sounded so "Gilmour" that we had to say yes! :-). They also added some background guitar parts  and some additional backing vocals in the chorus.

It took 5 people to do it. But if you are amateurs like us you need a team. The  real band is the 3 of us and these 2 guys.

Thanks again!

Roberto

Archived