Your Ad Could Be Here

Wrapped Around Your Finger (The Police) - alternative version

hi everyone. we have just published a new cover (no video just a photo).

it's "Wrapped Around Your Finger" by The Police. it is not one of my favourite songs, I just wanted to try a kind of rock/metal arrangement. I think that the result is nice.

It would be nice to have your opinion and review. Mainly on the arrangement. I'd like to know if it fits the melody and the lyrics to your ears.

@robertolabruna So, I'm a big fan of The Police and I love this song.  I think the arrangement and heavy treatment of this tune was very interesting and quite successful.  To me, it definitely fits the melody and lyrics.  What I would have done a little differently is start a bit softer with the verses and slowly build in intensity to the choruses, and then nail us with them.  See how Tool does that here:

I like how you developed the second verse/chorus with those eerie whistles.  Bridge and transition to final chorus is very nice.  Wherever you used harmonies was nice, too.  All in all - very solid, Roberto!  

8 hours ago, nicetalkintoya said:

@robertolabruna So, I'm a big fan of The Police and I love this song.  I think the arrangement and heavy treatment of this tune was very interesting and quite successful.  To me, it definitely fits the melody and lyrics.  What I would have done a little differently is start a bit softer with the verses and slowly build in intensity to the choruses, and then nail us with them.  See how Tool does that here:

I like how you developed the second verse/chorus with those eerie whistles.  Bridge and transition to final chorus is very nice.  Wherever you used harmonies was nice, too.  All in all - very solid, Roberto!  

Hi James. Thanks so much. Your opinion counts twice for me (probably more :-)). I tried to imagine the arrangement with the changes suggested by you. Yes, it would have been better. It's an old arrangement. One of my first experiments with covers. In the end, I was helped by the 2 sound engineers we worked with to complete it. As you may have noticed, it is inspired by Tool :). But much simpler. (for example I love Danny Carey's drums style but unfortunately I play  like Ringo Star when he's drunk).

Thanks again. You are always positive and constructive.

Roberto

P.S. Every time I see Tool videos I am surprised by their genius.

@robertolabruna It's my pleasure, Roberto!  It really is a fine cover as-is.  The Tool stuff is just food for thought.  And, I agree Tool and A Perfect Circle are geniuses.  Love their stuff.

Haha, "...unfortunately I play like Ringo Star when he's drunk" made me LOL! 

I'm going to throw up a cover I did to honor Chris Cornell, and tag you.  I'd love your feelings on it.  

1 hour ago, TwoHippo said:

Woa, who edited this?

Is a very good mix of the instruments. Good work. I can comment only this because i don't listen so much The Police.

Hi Tito. We are both italian but let me reply in english. Thanks for the compliments. I wrote most parts of the arrangement  and I completed it together with 2 young sound engineers (and also musicians) here in Milan. This is their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/vamvamproduction/.  in case you were interested.

I've listened to one of your cover songs on your channel. Really nice voice! 

Thanks again :)

Roberto

Archived