Your Ad Could Be Here

We Used To Know (Jethro Tull) - alternative version

Hi everyone. We have just released (only on youtube) this cover version of "We Used To Know" by Jethro Tull. 

I'm 55, The first time I listened to a song by Jethro Tull was 1975. It was Aqualung. It was love at first sight. After that I could find the money to buy "Thick as a brick". More love.

It took a while before finding out (and finding the money to buy) their first album "Stand Up". My first thought was "this one sounds so dirty". But it didn't last long. I love any song of that album. It's my favourite.  I think because of the lyrics mainly.

I started to work at this cover song in a sad and angry moment of my life and thought that the lyrics of "We Used To Know" would have been perfect, together with a "Rammstein like" arrangement, to describe what I was living.

This cover is also my favourite. And the 2 sound engineers we work with made a wonderful job (for my taste).

But obviously I'm not the best person to judge. I would like to read your opinion about it.

Thanks in advance for your time.

p.s. if anyone can suggest a way to make Ian Anderson listen to this one I would be very grateful. I would like so much to have his feedback (I'm a child in this moment :) )

I love Aqualung. I used to play wondering aloud and locomotive breath at parties on a regular basis. I’ve seen Tull a few times. Loads of fun. The more modern acoustic interpretations are a lot more flat, but mr Anderson in particular is a talented man.

His management contact:

Calliandra Productions Ltd.
tullmanagement@aol.com

He lives in Minety in Wiltshire

5 hours ago, john said:

I love Aqualung. I used to play wondering aloud and locomotive breath at parties on a regular basis. I’ve seen Tull a few times. Loads of fun. The more modern acoustic interpretations are a lot more flat, but mr Anderson in particular is a talented man.

His management contact:

Calliandra Productions Ltd.
tullmanagement@aol.com

Thank you John! Thank you very much!  I love Aqualung but that strange experimental blues  in Stand Up is amazing. A New Day Yesterday, Back to the family, Fat Man. I never stop listening to these songs.

Thanks again

Have a nice day :)

@robertolabruna I have never heard this Jethro Tull song.  I think you did a great job at capturing "sad and angry" with this tune!  I especially like the opening with the children and toy-like music and how the heavy guitars overcome it.  Would be amazing if Ian Anderson actually hears it!  It's possible now that you have his management.  I read that Lynyrd Skynyrd shared a cover of their song "Simple Man" on their facebook page, so it happens.

On 22/2/2018 at 10:37 PM, nicetalkintoya said:

@robertolabruna I have never heard this Jethro Tull song.  I think you did a great job at capturing "sad and angry" with this tune!  I especially like the opening with the children and toy-like music and how the heavy guitars overcome it.  Would be amazing if Ian Anderson actually hears it!  It's possible now that you have his management.  I read that Lynyrd Skynyrd shared a cover of their song "Simple Man" on their facebook page, so it happens.

Thank you James. I can always count on your support. In the opening I wanted to describe the innocence before life starts hitting like a hammer. The obsessive riff (in Rammstein style) is supposed to be the sequence of painful events you are going to live with no chance to stop them. I did this one in memory of my parents life.

I sent the link to Jethro Tull's management last wednesday (I know it sounds very childish for someone of my age :) ).

Maybe one day Mr Anderson will listen to it.

Thanks again. Have a nice day.

Roberto

On 27/2/2018 at 4:53 PM, Rob Ash said:

Great cover.

No, really. This kicks ass.

Really, really solid work through and through.

Thanks a lot again Rob! This one is my favourite. There is my life inside it. :)

Have a nice day!

Roberto

Archived