Your Ad Could Be Here

Cant come up with Bass Idea

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had the problem with coming up with a bass line for a song without interfering with the melodie in mind. I have a track  and every bass idea i come up with changes the song to much and the lyrics wont fit. I seems like the bassline might have to be the melodie of the song. how do you deal with this problem. I thinking about just leaving the track as is with no bass if I cant come up with something by tonight. I have Drums,Acoustic Guitar, Snaps,and 1 Shaker.

Cut back to the root of the chords, then try using notes from the appropriate scale in the gaps between melodic segments and during held melodic notes.

If melody is on & 2 & 3 & 4 & ,

try chord root on 1 and on 3, and place other bass notes on the other available notes:

1 & 2 & 3 & 4 &

Obviously you don’t need to use them all, and you can also use 16th notes.In general, you should be able to pick notes from within the major or minor triads from your chord structures.

You can also ask for ideas from other members :)

5 hours ago, john said:

Cut back to the root of the chords, then try using notes from the appropriate scale in the gaps between melodic segments and during held melodic notes.

If melody is on & 2 & 3 & 4 & ,

try chord root on 1 and on 3, and place other bass notes on the other available notes:

1 & 2 & 3 & 4 &

Obviously you don’t need to use them all, and you can also use 16th notes.In general, you should be able to pick notes from within the major or minor triads from your chord structures.

You can also ask for ideas from other members :)

Thanks, I got the bass part down. The problem was I too focused on a couter rhythm bassline and instead went with a onbeat bass part. Only one note seems a little off but works. I play a Cmaj7 followed by a C6 but didnt wast to play too C's so I played a G over the C6. 

Archived