Your Ad Could Be Here

Come Together - melancholic version

Hi everyone. This one is a melancholic version of Come Together written in memory of John Lennon.

To me he was mainly the guy with glasses in the movie Yellow Submarine when I was a child.

I don't know if it is so melancholic because it reminds me my childhood or  because I always remember a sad expression of his face in one of his movies. Anyway, hope you like it. 

This one is not played by my band. It is my friend Osva the singer (his voice fits better the song).

• 3 weeks later...

Tell your friend this is very good!  It's always a challenge to cover Beatles songs, because they are so iconic, not to mention geniuses.  But this is a unique interpretation.  Swapped out the groove of the original for something more airy and modern sounding.  

On 5/3/2018 at 8:56 PM, childed said:

wow! perfect work, really good and modern sounded.

your singer's timbre a little bit same to a Sting.

Thanks a lot Serg! And I'll tell Osva what you said! I always tell him he's a very good singer but he's not so aware of his good voice. He will be happy to hear it. :) 

On 5/9/2018 at 2:28 AM, nicetalkintoya said:

Tell your friend this is very good!  It's always a challenge to cover Beatles songs, because they are so iconic, not to mention geniuses.  But this is a unique interpretation.  Swapped out the groove of the original for something more airy and modern sounding.  

Thank you again James. I'll tell my friend. From a great singer like you it's a great honor.   

14 hours ago, robertolabruna said:

Thanks a lot Serg! And I'll tell Osva what you said! I always tell him he's a very good singer but he's not so aware of his good voice. He will be happy to hear it. :) 

not every good voice sounds good in the recording.
there are many examples from the opera.
it happens, that a very average voice is revealed in the recording process.
so, for example it happened to Lennon as it seems to me.
say Osva, the main thing is what we hear and not what he thinks about his voice 😃

• 2 months later...

well I just listened to "Black Bird' and was floored... but this is even better... wow... vocals are awesome...Osva has got the goods... the touch... awww man it's all good ...damn I wish I could get this sound... you are a magician my friend....another  great arrangement

Damn I noticed you did the Nirvana one, subbed man these sound really good reamigined.  Great mixes

On 7/27/2018 at 9:21 PM, TagSongZ said:

well I just listened to "Black Bird' and was floored... but this is even better... wow... vocals are awesome...Osva has got the goods... the touch... awww man it's all good ...damn I wish I could get this sound... you are a magician my friend....another  great arrangement

Thank you againg Tag. The sound quality is due to the skills of the 2 sound engineers we work with (they are still getting their degree but have a great talent).

I wrote the 2 arrangements (Blackbird and Come Together) one after the other. These songs belong to my childhood and maybe I was particularly inspired :)

On 7/31/2018 at 8:44 AM, ehgore1978 said:

Damn I noticed you did the Nirvana one, subbed man these sound really good reamigined.  Great mixes

Thank you Scott. Mine is the arrangement/reworking but I cannot take the credit for the sound quality and the mix :) . That is the talent of our 2 sound engineers :).

Archived