Your Ad Could Be Here

Using Instagram Stories for micro vlogging!

Mahesh

• Editors

How many of you use Instagram stories feature on the app? I find it a convenient and quick way to let the followers know what's happening with me and my music. My followers love when I put these vocal tips out and of course bits of my dog, Dexter. But you can bring people into your bubble quite easily by sharing all that's going on. 

There are stories insights that will give you some amount of information on how the users who viewed your story would have reacted to it. Which could be useful!

• Like 2

I've  started using IG just a little bit, added a vid, is that a story? I haven't tried any of the live features. I like IG though, seems relaxed or something.  I'm going to do more there.  I think it will be fun and definately  challenging to play with video interactions.

• Like 1

• Editors
On 4/28/2018 at 10:45 PM, Peggy said:

I've  started using IG just a little bit, added a vid, is that a story? I haven't tried any of the live features. I like IG though, seems relaxed or something.  I'm going to do more there.  I think it will be fun and definately  challenging to play with video interactions.

Instagram Stories and Instagram videos are two different things.

So when you post a video on your instagram profile like you would do an instagram image, that is available on your profile gallery for everyone to see indefinitely unless you choose to delete it. (Given that you have made your profile 'public'. If not, then only your followers would be able to see these posts)

Instagram Stories is pretty much like Snapchat. You can post 'stories' that will stay on your profile for 24 hours and will get automatically deleted. These stories could be images, videos upto 15 seconds or even graphic text. Instagram stories are more suitable for everyday randomness in your life. Hence my thought for it to be used as a micro-vlogging tool. 

You can post a story by opening the Instagram app and clicking on the camera icon on the top left of the screen on your 'home' screen. (at least that is how it is for Android, I wouldn't be sure for an iPhone)

On 4/29/2018 at 2:25 AM, Peggy said:

Has anyone used Boomerang in Instagram?

Boomerang is a cool little feature ain't it? I see a lot of users using it on there.

• Like 1