Your Ad Could Be Here

Pump Up the Glam

I started writing and recording in the 70s, with two cassette machines. Progressed to a Revox B77 where you bounced one track to another and back, adding another instrument each time, then went through the 80s home recording revolution with Fostex 4 and 8-tx setups, before having a working 16-tx demo studio, where I recorded and produced a few albums for local bands and did some original stuff of my own.

I played in a few bands, one of which got a big record deal after a bidding war, but the company decided the singer was all they wanted, so they sent him off to do an expensive album with session musicians. It flopped and he was dropped, which did my rep locally no harm. After that, I started a glam rock covers band a few months before the whole 90s glam revival started, expecting it to be a stopgap. I ended up doing it for 16 years, which was fun and made me a nice living, which was handy because I closed the studio when I saw other demo studios starting to struggle thanks to home digital recording.

Now I just make mashups to get my musical kicks. I suppose I'm late joining here but I hope I can make some kind of contribution.

My Youtube channel has some of my original material, bands I've recorded, a clip of the glam band and my mashups:

https://www.youtube.com/user/glammer/videos

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Glammerocity said:

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm in Edinburgh. English but lived north of the border since I was ten.

Awesome. I’m in sunny Glasgow. Ok, sunny and Glasgow are rarely in the same sentence... but today (for one day only) it’s true!

16 hours ago, john said:

Awesome. I’m in sunny Glasgow. Ok, sunny and Glasgow are rarely in the same sentence... but today (for one day only) it’s true!

I used to live in Helensburgh when we first moved up - navy brat - so I'm well familiar with the weather. You do get the rain but we get some mean wind off the north sea. I'm not sure which is worse.

• Like 1