Your Ad Could Be Here

Fell on Black Days (Soundgarden) - Acoustic

On 5/9/2018 at 2:42 AM, nicetalkintoya said:

When Chris Cornell passed I felt compelled to honor him with a couple of covers.  This is one of them.  

What a song you chose this time James. And I'm in the right mood for this one. 

How is it possible that someone with your talent is not famous? This version is even darker than the original and you give your blood in this interpretation. The end sounds really like the end of a tormented life.

I'm happy you're still posting on this board. Waiting for the next one.

Thanks, Roberto.  You are too kind.  Actually, you are the coolest dude posting on songstuff, in my opinion.  I always appreciate your positive energy.

Your interpretation is spot on about the ending.  When Cornell died, this was the first tune I thought of (followed by "Like a Stone").  It just seemed so prophetic, in a very painful and tragic way.  

Good job James. Only nit pick is on the vocal reverb. Solid performance.

On 5/13/2018 at 12:31 AM, nicetalkintoya said:

Actually, you are the coolest dude posting on songstuff, in my opinion.  I always appreciate your positive energy.

ok...now I want my t-shirt with "coolest dude on songstuff" written on!! 🤣

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2018 at 12:06 AM, Rob Ash said:

I want to apologize to everyone who is a huge fan of yours, James. This is my first time encountering your work and I have some comments I think may not be well received by your most ardent admirers.

Hi Rob. I am a "ardent admirer" of James :) , but you don't need to apologize. Reading your critique is really exciting.  

I apologize to James fot the use of his space but I think he can be curious as I am. Are you a professional critic? Do you write for a music magazine or blog? I used to read music magazines when I was young but I can't remember a critique so deep, detailed and structured as yours.

Sorry again for the use of this space.

• 1 month later...

Hi @nicetalkintoya,

This was AWESOME I think you are fantastic, I was so sad when he passed too, I cover "say hello to heaven" but I'm not brave enough to post it lol. You sound awesome man! 

@Capo3tanya

Thanks a lot, Tanya!  Really appreciate the kind feedback!  

I can't help but feel like CC hasn't gotten quite the honor he deserves yet...  Maybe in time...  "Say Hello to Heaven" is one helluva great song and quite the challenge!  Can't really blame you for hesitating on that one! lol  I covered two of his songs (to honor him), and both times I thought to myself... "Am I crazy?" lol 

Hehe! Exactly. His voice is superb. You did great! 😁 

Archived