Your Ad Could Be Here

What's the name of the sound effect?

• Noob

Hi,

I am wondering what the following sound effect is called:

(Listen to the first second of the video)

(Listen to the sound on 0:06)

The sound effect I am searching for is the one that starts of rather quiet, but rapidly increases until it's on its top and then start fading away. Do you understand what I mean? It's very common used in pop songs and I would love to know what it's called so I can adapt it in my own songs.

Thanks guys! :)

I'm not sure a fade is considered a dedicated effect. Can you be a little more specific? What time on the video does the "effect" come in? I'm not even sure I know exactly what it is you're asking.

• Noob
40 minutes ago, starise said:

I'm not sure a fade is considered a dedicated effect. Can you be a little more specific? What time on the video does the "effect" come in? I'm not even sure I know exactly what it is you're asking.

Check out the times I wrote under the videos - in the first video it is the start sound of the song, in the second one you can hear it at 0:06. Fading might not be the best word for the effect, but if you listen to the first video (La la love) you can hear how it starts like "swooooSSHHHH" and then kind of slowly fading away, while the sound on the second video (Work From Home) is the same kind of effect but has a prompt ending. :)

it kind of sounds like a cymbal roll to me but synthesized?

Sounds like a cymbol swell to me.

Oops...I didn't see the first post...lol....it sounds like a synthesized reverse cymbal.

🙂 i was married to a drummer for 22 years... it was good!

Just now, TPistilli said:

Oops...I didn't see the first post...lol....it sounds like a synthesized reverse cymbal.

Great minds think a like? or I was faster on the draw this time! Funny

Nah, we both just got great minds...😋

13 minutes ago, TPistilli said:

Nah, we both just got great minds...😋

yes!!!

You could get a similar effect with a reverse cymbal swell but these sound more like a synth swell. The two examples sound similar but are slightly different. The first one sounds like it falls in pitch a little at the beginning before settling at a designated pitch. The second seems to rise in pitch then cut off. I think I have some similar effects in my VST synths. If you have a synth plug in that you use look under the sound FX or musical FX and you may find what you are looking for.

Yeah, it’s white noise with a filter sweep on it :)

Sometimes such sweeps are combined with a volume envelope, and or pan sweep.

• 2 months later...
On 5/26/2018 at 4:11 AM, john said:

Yeah, it’s white noise with a filter sweep on it :)

Sometimes such sweeps are combined with a volume envelope, and or pan sweep.

That's what I was trying to think of. Though I would just do it vocally and add FX.

I just got a plugin called The Riser by AIR Technologies. It is specifically for creating sweeps, rises and drops. You can get it on sale right now at the link below.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/1561-The-Riser-Free-Expansion-Pack?currency=USD&gclid=CjwKCAjw4uXaBRAcEiwAuAUz8IplaxCeNP-UW0Nhf8mTgFDixG2xKSnWEQFg0G-goEywGus8ZnEWjxoCG3YQAvD_BwE

Archived