Your Ad Could Be Here

G'day, fellow songwriters.

• Noob

Hello,

For the record, I don't typically say "G'day" but I figured it was the quickest and catchiest way to let people know where I'm from. 😅 Anyway, my name is Sam, and yes I am Australian. I don't know if I can actually consider myself a songwriter because up until now I've only ever written lyrics. I've been writing lyrics for about 3.5 years now, and have written around 60 "songs" in that time, which I know isn't a lot, but it's a start. All I know is that I love writing and always have in one form or another – short stories, poetry, even essays (to an extent!) but nothing gives me enjoyment such as writing lyrics down with a melody in my head.

I've decided to start pursuing this for real as I'm at a place in my life where I'd like to see how far I can push this dream. I'm branching off into production but honestly the thought of recording demos with vocals and all is so frightening. I just want to write! But realistically, I know you need to be more than a wordsmith to make it in the industry.

I don't know who this is going to reach, but I'm just trying to connect to as many like-minded people as possible at the moment and find the willpower to push on and on and continue to hone my craft and make something out of this passion.

Looking forward to getting to know you all! 😁

Nice to meet you Sam! 

4 hours ago, Witness said:

I've been writing lyrics for about 3.5 years now, and have written around 60 "songs" in that time, which I know isn't a lot, but it's a start.

Holy cow, are you crazy?  Lmao.  I'd actually consider that prolific! I'm new here too.  I've always wanted to go to Australia!

• Noob
22 hours ago, Capo3tanya said:

Nice to meet you Sam! 

Holy cow, are you crazy?  Lmao.  I'd actually consider that prolific! I'm new here too.  I've always wanted to go to Australia!

Nice to meet you too! I guess whether that is a lot or not is subjective aha, I just hear about professional songwriters writing a song a day and I feel like that'd be such a (fun, but difficult) challenge.

21 hours ago, Taking Notes said:

Howdy Witness 🤠

I know that sentiment. "I just want to write!"  Haha 

Welcome to SongStuff! See you around the boards. 

It's definitely my "happy place". Thanks for the welcome!

It's all about working at your pace - if you're brain works in the way that a song a day sounds fun, give it a try! If not (like me - sounds like a bleedin' nightmare!) no need to feel like you're not working hard! I've got around 20 from 10-15 years of songwriting - but there was a phase of around 7 years when I wrote nothing! Well, arranged some folk tunes and the like, but no real songwriting. 

Lyrics are definitely the hard part for me - although matching words to music whichever comes first is always a challenge, I find!

Cheers, Rohan