Your Ad Could Be Here

Reintroduction

Madstuff7

• Noob

Hi again my names Madhav Nair, im a singer songwriter from kerala. I already introduced myself but not really , since that one seems... well a very diluted one

Soo i havent been active since i joined songstuff... at the time i was just 3 months into performing in public. Started out with open mics in the beginning and slowly i was getting invited to different ones here and there.. and then i got two actual gigs. I played sofar kochi and then got to open for a band from kerala called Chidakasha... i was on a high...but since then ive had no gigs at all , i got those gigs because some of these guys have heard me and they liked what they heard. So i began to think that ok 2019 could be the start to something great but i soon came to realize that ive literally gone back to stagnation. Ive written loads of songs but i dont know what to do. So i wanted to ask you( the kind people of songstuff) how do i get going?. Ive just been messaging different venues with crappy phone recordings of two originals without any real idea of what im doing. I need help, coz i dont anything about going about starting a professional career.

P.s if you wanna checkout my songs pls do

One other thing i have need of is critique. Thanks

• Like 1

Hi Madstuff,

I'm glad you found Songstuff again. Looks like you need focus and a goal...

We've got critique boards and articles with tons of information in them. Just don't get overwhelmed!

Members here will tell you like it is and I see you've chosen "Give it to me both Barrels" so you're brave and want honesty. That's important in this business. Nothing worse than someone who just wants to hear they're great (even if they aren't!)

I hope you look around the site and get comfortable. We have a Marketing and Promotion club that is good to make contacts and we currently have a challenge in the club which is a cool one.

See you on the boards!
Lisa

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Madstuff,

Yay, crappy phone recordings don't get you too far most of the time.   Lisa mentioned some good areas on Songstuff to check out. You've got your songs to get polished,  lyrically, in melody and recording .. the critique boards can help,  both by you reviewing and critiquing other works and receiving the suggestions and critiques.  The Music Marketing and Promotion club can help you start building your plan to reach your target audience. 

Focus, engage and ask questions. 2019 can still be exciting!!

:)

Peggy