Your Ad Could Be Here

Why do you think most songwriters never finish and release their songs?

On 6/25/2019 at 5:11 PM, john said:

I haven't jammed with anyone let alone a serious project for many years, though I forced myself to go do a couple of open mic nights starting last year and although during the first I was a bundle of nerves, by the second I was already settling into old familiar rhythms. Confidence is a funny thing. It has very little to do with skill but a lot to do with experience.

On the last, luckily skills can be learned and there are some great engineers/producers to help you with that journey and believe me, it's a journey each of us has made,

Awesome! Just don't think "I will do the recording first and then get to that other stuff". If your material isn't ready, then consider preparing your own platform in the background but learn by helping someone else with their project? Not  only is it a great way to learn, but it is rewarding and for indie, cooperation is the way forward.

Glad you found us :)

Hi John

OK. You talked me into it.

Here is one from the pile.

If I don't disgrace myself with this one, I'll work on posting some more.

Thanks for the words of encouragement

Dan

On 6/26/2019 at 3:10 PM, ccarnucci said:

My bad for not being clearer, and no bad feelings for you asking.  What I  should have said was...i love making music, it is my passsion.  Once I start down the path of it being more than a hobby it becomes work.  And I never want this to become work.  Additionally, I create music for myself and those involved in the project.  I like others to hear it, and I hope they like it, so i do post my songs on YouTube and a few forums.  After that, I mostly  forget about them and move on to the next project.  

I'm cool with others promoting, it just brings me very little joy, so I do the things that bring me joy....which Is the creating parts.

Ur right, marketing your music is a totally different game. If you think about it this way, your original songs are your products, marketing is how to promote your products so yes it's like u'r starting your business at that point. It wouldn't be a bad idea to be able to make some $ off your music and your talent though. Lots of things in life started out as a hobby, then the more you do it the better you get at it, in a short while I bet you it won't be hard to figure out how to play this game. People don't want to do something because they don't know how. Just like I remember when I was young I knew music brings me joy and performing makes me the attention on stage, I knew from the get go I had no interest to just play music to the wall but instead, I want to show off my skills lol. 

• Noob

I can only speak for myself. I have several unfinished songs, most just need the vocals. It's probally because I do not have enough confidence in my vocal ability. Songs that are not completed musicall is many times due to my constant creativity, I' always coming up with new ideas for songs. I start recording them and then about 80% completed I get another idea and it continues. The songs I have completed are not to shabby. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFYd2cEtAwo

16 hours ago, drjimmy said:

I can only speak for myself. I have several unfinished songs, most just need the vocals. It's probally because I do not have enough confidence in my vocal ability. Songs that are not completed musicall is many times due to my constant creativity, I' always coming up with new ideas for songs. I start recording them and then about 80% completed I get another idea and it continues. The songs I have completed are not to shabby. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFYd2cEtAwo

Nice Drjimmy,

Sounds like you produce music that doesn't have vocals which is completely fine. You might want to look for some licensing opportunities to get placements on tv/films. I think you can do it!

K

Archived