Your Ad Could Be Here

Dancing On My Own (Robyn Acoustic Cover)

Hello! I've been productive this morning recording a slowed down acoustic version of Robyn's 'Dancing On My Own' which to me is the best pop song of the past decade. Please let me know what you think :)

Hi RealKevM,

I will start saying that I'm not a big fan of pop of this type, so I might have a point of view totally different to the one from others that like the style. Having said this, your acoustic version, in terms of style, is much more appealing to me than the original.

Nevertheless, I've realized you are pushing up your voice way up to try to imitate the original singer, and, since you are a male, that tone is not on your range and does not sound nice on you, it's forced and not under control . I would love to hear you singing this acoustic cover with your natural voice. Deeper and more melodic, fitting the acoustic mood. I think it can become really really nice!

I'm in process to becoming a singer, so I can give you that advice in terms of the vocals. I can't play guitar, so I can't really evaluate well that part of the cover. But does not sound bad to me, maybe I would soften a bit the low tones at the begginning of the song, but the arpeggio you are using for covering the chords sound great to me.

Please, consider changing the vocal range to your voice! I think it would make a really worthy cover! I really want to hear it that way  :)

Thanks for checking it out, you're not the first person to suggest I was singing a bit too high, i'm going to re-do the vocals and see what happens. I really appreciate you taking the timer to advise me :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've recorded a live 1+1 version, anyone care to lease have a quick watch?

• 3 weeks later...

It sounds better that the previous one. Congrats for the improvements!

I still think you can sing softer and make a more beautiful cover. As I told you I had a look to the original one, and I see perfectly why are you singing that way. But in my ears a softer and more emotional cover would be amazing! I can't play guitar, if not I would record one for you so you can see my idea. But I guess you might disagree with the result because you love so much the original one! Haha

Actually, thanks to you (didn't know the song before) I'm considering covering it in some open mic style session, so much I would like it in a soft acoustic way! ^^u

Hey thanks for the listen, i'm working on it lol my voice isn't the best unfortunately but i'm continuing to experiment and taken your advice onboard.

Cool!! Looking forward to it! ^^

You are a hard worker! :)

Hey Kev, nice cover. The sound is quite pleasing but your timing/tempo is quite unstable and confusing. Maybe practicing/recording with a metronome would help you develop rhythm in your performance. 

Keep up the great work,

Ken

Cheers Ken, looking back I can see the timing issues though it was one of the first attempts at playing this so i'll let my self off lol. Thank for checking it out dude.

Archived