Your Ad Could Be Here

Dancing On My Own (Robyn Acoustic Cover)

RealKevM

Hi RealKevM,

I will start saying that I'm not a big fan of pop of this type, so I might have a point of view totally different to the one from others that like the style. Having said this, your acoustic version, in terms of style, is much more appealing to me than the original.

Nevertheless, I've realized you are pushing up your voice way up to try to imitate the original singer, and, since you are a male, that tone is not on your range and does not sound nice on you, it's forced and not under control . I would love to hear you singing this acoustic cover with your natural voice. Deeper and more melodic, fitting the acoustic mood. I think it can become really really nice!

I'm in process to becoming a singer, so I can give you that advice in terms of the vocals. I can't play guitar, so I can't really evaluate well that part of the cover. But does not sound bad to me, maybe I would soften a bit the low tones at the begginning of the song, but the arpeggio you are using for covering the chords sound great to me.

Please, consider changing the vocal range to your voice! I think it would make a really worthy cover! I really want to hear it that way  :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It sounds better that the previous one. Congrats for the improvements!

I still think you can sing softer and make a more beautiful cover. As I told you I had a look to the original one, and I see perfectly why are you singing that way. But in my ears a softer and more emotional cover would be amazing! I can't play guitar, if not I would record one for you so you can see my idea. But I guess you might disagree with the result because you love so much the original one! Haha

Actually, thanks to you (didn't know the song before) I'm considering covering it in some open mic style session, so much I would like it in a soft acoustic way! ^^u

Hey Kev, nice cover. The sound is quite pleasing but your timing/tempo is quite unstable and confusing. Maybe practicing/recording with a metronome would help you develop rhythm in your performance. 

Keep up the great work,

Ken