Your Ad Could Be Here

Advice Please

Hi Trevor,

Welcome to the community!  

Friends and family aren't always the best supporters or listeners to your music. Lots of reasons for that. There are some articles and topics on Songstuff about this. I'll find a couple and point you to them.

(I can't check your link, Android browsers are not supported :()

Peggy

I would ask, on what basis do you say that you are “very talented”? If your friends don’t like your work.... you must have formed this opinion from something? Often that is something others say about us, not that we say about ourselves.

You might have posted here for validation, or you might be genuinely curious and interested to learn as much as you can. Certainly self awareness is a key component of learning. To be able to learn you have to be able to confront the idea that you are very talented, be open to the notion that you might not be very talented , and be willing to listen and take comments on board. You may well discover that you are indeed very talented, but most discover they are not as talented as they thought. Luckily talent can be acquired, skills can be learned, as long as you are prepared to work.

• Like 1