Your Ad Could Be Here

Getting People To Your Gigs

Hi Gang

What do you do to get people to your gigs? Do you do consciously target specific types of people? Do you use posters? Fliers? Social Media? A street team? Something else?

What have you found to be effective? What was a waste of time?

Cheers

John

• 4 weeks later...

Hi John,

Thought I'd chime in with some things I've tried in the past.

I played a lot of bars in different areas, so I only really spend any $ or time on social media ads a couple of days before I get to a town I"ll target that town with a specific age range which seems to work well. If it's a bigger city I try to then target it down further to people in that town of a specific age range who list my music style "country" as their interest.

I have actually also asked local clubs that want to make money with fundraising like "scouts" to distribute posters before I arrive and I pay them a flat rate to distribute a certain amount I also get a receipt for them for a charity receipt for taxes which is a write off against my income. Also, they know their hometown areas better and where to place posters.

Hope this helps!

Good luck with your gigs

Hi @Jo Janzen  ! Wow, great info. Thanks for posting. I know one person on my twitter uses "street teams" and I find it a little "too in my  face" but i think it worked because I saw him on the AMCs this past Sunday...

Hope to see you on the boards!
Lisa

Archived