Your Ad Could Be Here

Cover: Jason Mraz – I´m Yours

• Noob

Hey folks,

some weeks ago I recorded a cover of the song "I´m Yours" by Jason Mraz, which is one of my favorite songs of my childhood.

I´d love to hear what you think about it, so give it a shot and give me any kind of feedback, regarding #arrangement #guitar #vocals or #producing . Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice cover! I think your main vocals are a little too dry but other than that I thought it was really well executed.

Best,

Ken

• Noob

Thank you very much. I feel similar about the vocals, I think that singing style doesn´t suit me very well. I´ve uploaded covers of other songs on my channel, where I believe my voice comes better into play. Feel free to check those out, and thanks again for your comment! :)

Hey @FineVibes!

I think you need to bring your voice a bit more to head, so it sounds a bit softer and airy, and it will sound a bit better. Pretend you are singing almost opera, and it will soften a lot the throat sound. But the vocals are ok. Just need to smooth a bit more the changes inside long vowels. And I detected some pitch issues in a couple of parts, but overall sounds ok. And I liked a lot the beat boxing!

Thanks for sharing.

• 1 month later...
  • Noob

Hey Michan,

sorry for my late response and thank you so much for your detailed feedback. As I already pointed out above, I´m not that happy with the vocals either, I think they´re too "harsh" from time to time. After all I think the song doesn´t match my voice that well.

Your tips are great, I´ll definitely try those out. :) I´ll keep sharing new stuff here.

• 1 month later...

Nice arrangement. You have a good tone  but I recommend putting some more feeling into the words. I echo a previous comment that they sound a bit "dry." Needs more chest voice. Sing as if you wrote the song. Great guitar parts!

Archived