Your Ad Could Be Here

How Can I Get That Distorted Bass Sound?

Hi guys,

So I've been trying to recreate the bass from Bhad Bhabie's "Hi Bich," song.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVefs6Mkt0Q

Here's my version:

https://soundcloud.com/imken-2/ala-hibich/s-CIleQ

I wanted to get that warm, low-rumble-flutter, kind of sound but I wasn't able to.

Do you know any YouTube videos or have any tips to help design this sound? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ken

try saw or square bass, but more likely saw bass. Put some distortion over it, i don't know what DAW you use, so i can't recommend any effect. Also, if you want simillar bass, try either find a simillar presset, or moduate it from a default tone:

my recipe for the sound  would be something like this:

> saw bass

> boosted lows

> some lfo, i don't know how would i settet it up, though. 

> unison

> burning compression

14 hours ago, Richard Watashi said:

try saw or square bass, but more likely saw bass. Put some distortion over it, i don't know what DAW you use, so i can't recommend any effect. Also, if you want simillar bass, try either find a simillar presset, or moduate it from a default tone:

my recipe for the sound  would be something like this:

> saw bass

> boosted lows

> some lfo, i don't know how would i settet it up, though. 

> unison

> burning compression

Thanks for the reply, man. I pretty much did everything that you've mentioned, but I'll keep playing around with the settings until I find the right one. I'm using Serum, btw.

Ken

More ideas: make the lfo faster and lower the high frequency-cut.

But in the example you shown - she uses probably 808 bass. Try it out with hard compression and distortion. 

Edit: i said faster lfo, but it might be the opposite. I cant check now. 

12 hours ago, Richard Watashi said:

More ideas: make the lfo faster and lower the high frequency-cut.

But in the example you shown - she uses probably 808 bass. Try it out with hard compression and distortion. 

Edit: i said faster lfo, but it might be the opposite. I cant check now. 

Thanks man, I'm experimenting with some basic ideas in hopes that it'll get my sound to where it needs to be, eventually.

Archived