Your Ad Could Be Here

My songs with video

Hello

Thought I should share my new video/song.  it has been a while since I have been in creative modus. (musicwise) The video is from pixabay: Stefania Buzatu. (which is a free creative resourse place for artists to use) I just thought it suited with the music. Dreamy and relaxing  ) I hope you like it :)❤️

Achazia/Gry

Edited by Achazia
  • Like 4

Hi Achazia,

Nice to see you!   The music is lovely and the video so well done.  I'll need to watch many more times to catch all that is visually happening. Very captivating!  :)

Peggy

• Like 1

Thank you Peggy :) I am glad you like it. Yes the video is made by a infinite zoom picture :) it can be quite overwhelming . Thanks again and thanks for the reply

Great to hear your music/voice again, Achazia. I really love the first minute going into the song, its very inviting and has this "silky-slow-mo" vibe - if that makes any sense(haha). I really love the piano in this song, its gorgeous!

Hope to hear more of your work!

Ken

• Like 1

Hello Ken :) Thank you so much for your fweedback I am glad you like it :)

yes, you may hear more from me from now on as I am a little in the music groove again :)

Gry ::)

• Like 1

Hi Achazia, 

Good to see, and of course hear, more of your work.  Nice presentation!  It's the art of creating.  :)

Thanks for sharing.  

Peggy 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have made another song aswell. It's been a while I have written music. I am trying to do more with drums now :) So it is a song that builds up the tension(which I wanted as the song is about conflicts) Hope you are all good. Merry christmas btw :)

Edited by Achazia

Hi.

It's great to see someone getting serious with video. 
[Please note that I started a video CLUB - see the menu at top of screen - to discuss details about video production and the behind-the-scenes decisions and processes.]

I loved the 'Elegy' video ... probably because this is the way that I like to do my own videos.  Selecting the 'right' clips and making cuts that are relevant to the music. (I've also used clips from Cottonbro ... they're a great free resource).

The choice of vintage clips in 'One Man Show' was inspired and worked very well.  Well done. The 'two dancers in white' could have been processed a little to prevent their greyish background drawing attention to the 4:3 boxy outline that then contrasts against the black of the full 16:9 frame (whereas Marcel Marceau's background was a deep black which melded almost seamlessly into the black of the 16:9 frame). 

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND when reading that all my comments are personal opinion only.  No-one here is an expert and, even if there was, 10 real experts can have 10 quite different opinions! :) 

By contrast, I felt nothing when watching the 'Lore' video.  :

• taking a fully-fledged existing video and bolting on your music means the two have little chance to ever ebb and flow together, thereby missing the opportunity to amplify the emotions in your music
  • this particular video is far too busy and contains arbitrary images smashed together for no other purpose than to make it 'gee whiz' tricksy (and if you look closely, you'll see faults in the transitions between still image).  There is no consistency in style or content. The overall result is that the eye/brain is constantly trying to absorb, analyse, make sense of the visuals ... human pattern-matching on steroids. The constant fly-through zoom leaves not a single moment for reflection and no platform for a change of approach in the visual story
  • as a result, my brain was so overloaded that I'm not actively listening to the music
  • your stated intent of "dreamy and relaxing" would be better served by more natural and clean visuals ... river, ocean, smoke, surf, birds on the wing, star-scapes, etc.. 
  • I, as an audience member, am less invested in watching the visual 'story' when I know it has come unchanged from someone else ... I want to be entertained by your creativity   

But, of course, this is YOUR baby, and I may well be missing your intent and rationale.  Are the visuals there to amplify the  music, or is the music instead meant to be a soundtrack to the visuals?

Sorry if this response is overlong ... I'm trying to be helpful/supportive by explaining my reactions.

Greg

Thank you for the lengty response Greg. Is truly appreciated :)

I Shall have al look at the Video CLUB thread. I was not aware of it. Thank you for that.

I do love the art of video and I am still learning and trying to find suitable clips that suit. I also write stories as well. So the music is more or less inspired from those stories or I let my self be inspired to write when I create music.. 

Video production I am fairly new with and I am still learning. My favorite is also Falchon's elegy and One man show. I used a lot of time to find the right clips, right cut and also think of what i wanted to show through my music and lyrics. 

Lore I must admit I just found videoclips with infinte pictures that I am a little fascinated by. It might be to busy as you say and it probably takes away the attention to the music.

I shall have a look at the video CLUB thread. So i can learn more and find the right tools/ resources to create more music.

Thank you for taking your time :)

Hi.

If interested, I listed my image/photo sources in a previous post ...

https://forums.songstuff.com/topic/55707-imagery-for-music-videos/