Your Ad Could Be Here

[POLL] Where are you now on your singing journey?

SVCA

Journey Poll  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What best decribes you?

• I just started singing
    • I've been singing for a while but I've not made much progress lately
    • I recently started singing and I've been seeing improvement everyday
    • I'm a vocal coach
    • I'm a self trained singer and I play gigs too
    • I've had singing lessons all my life
    • I'm a professional studio and performing musician
    • I'm a voice artist
    • Other? Pick this and comment your answer below!

As singers, we're all on our own unique journey is building the skill needed to reach our musical goals. It is not only important for SVCA, but for the rest of the community as well to be aware of the diversity of singers we have amongst us. So tell us, where are you now? Pick the option(s) that most relate to you. If you don't find one that suits, pick "other" and give us an insight on your singing journey below. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Great addition to SS. I hope it takes off.

I sang a capella in college and performed all over the country and in Asia over those 4 years. It taught me a lot about commitment and connection. My most enduring friendships are with the 14 women I sang with in 8-part harmony almost 30 years ago. Now I am content to sing mainly for my own enjoyment but also to gauge the “singability” of the lyrics I write, in terms of delivery, and emotional connection. I’d like to hear more of the singers’ perspectives to enhance my lyric writing. ~T

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2019 at 2:22 AM, David Scoggins said:

I am not a live performance singer.  Not good enough for that. But I can do a decent vocal when I approach it as painting with sound. I eventually get the texture  I want when I record. 

Painting with sound; that's a very interesting way to look at the voice!

Why would you say you aren't good enough for live? What do you think is the primary challenging in that regard?

On 10/13/2019 at 5:37 AM, SongWriterJoe said:

I'm a singer-songwriter-lyricist-topline writer.  I've written for 30 years.  My vocal range is baritone - about the same as Garth Brooks.  I formerly sang with a Jazz Chorus in Springfield Oregon.

That's wonderful! Great to have you as part of this community. :)