Your Ad Could Be Here

Hi I'm new around here......

Hi,

I'm new to the board . I'm based in Northampton UK. Songwriting is my main hobby. I tend to perform at local acoustic nights, and occasionally further afield in "Cloudy" an acoustic duo (guitar and bass), which we sometimes expand to a four-piece adding drums and keyboards.

I write both music and lyrics, sing and play guitar and occasional keyboards. I have written songs ranging from power pop, alt-country and pop rock, to folk and jazz. I've a wide variety of influences which I'm never entirely sure whether they're apparent or not in my music,(inc Beatles, Bacharach, Big Star, Finn Bros, XTC, Talk Talk, Prefab Sprout, Ricky Ross, Del Amitri, Eagles)

I stopped performing for the best part of ten years until last year, but never stopped songwriting. From when I joined my first teenage band, it was always songwriting that I enjoyed most, for at that time covers didn't interest me at all...I've moderated my views a little since, realising that interpretation is a worthy skill in itself and does help you learn to be a better songwriter. Going back to playing live was one of the best decisions I've made, I've really learned to love it again.

To be honest, I'm pretty poor at recording/production but I'm hoping people will listen to my songs and give me feedback on the quality of the songwriting.

Thanks

JAGD

:)

My Soundclick http://www.soundclick.com/jagd

Hey JAGD

Welcome to Songstuff!

Just post links to your tracks etc. on the lyric, song or demo review boards. Please review other members contributions as that keeps the boards flowing. I find I get as much benefit from reviewing other members' material, as I do from getting mine reviewed.

You'll also find more than a few members with similar stories. If you want to know more about members view their profile, and have a trawl through this board to get some more details, especially on newer members.

Anyhoo, welcome.

Cheers

John

Hi JAGD

You'll also find more than a few members with similar stories. If you want to know more about members view their profile, and have a trawl through this board to get some more details, especially on newer members.

I'm one of those to whom John (not Nightwolf) refers. Your story is a little like mine though I never played in front of other people much until about three years ago. I also play in a guitar and bass duo, sometimes a trio, sometimes a quartet, all under the name Box of Goats (see webpage). But I also play as me. My music and influences may well be similar too, though I doubt I could lay claim to ever writing a jazz song. If I did, the jazz police, in the form of Lazz, would be down on me like a ton of bricks to check my credentials.

Anyway, welcome and tick around, this is a great place for feedback, chat and music resources.

Alistair

• 2 weeks later...

Archived