Your Ad Could Be Here

Hi from Oregon

• Noob

Hello everyone, I am happy to be a part of this community.  I have just recently gotten very interested in singing and songwriting.  I've played music most my life (I'm 39 now) but have always shied away from singing.  I suppose you can say that its now become a part of my spiritual journey to know and express myself truthfully, and in my most vulnerable form.  For a living I'm a glass blower, and I make pipes for smoking weed, and pendants.  My glass blowing IG account is @svenglass if you want to see exactly what I do.  For the last 8 years I've been learning to play the chinese zither called guzheng, and thats been my main focus musically.  I hope in the near future to figure out a practical way to incorporate singing and playing the guzheng, with probably other musical elements.  Until then, I'm having a blast producing cover songs from some of my favorite artists in many genres.  Right now I'm really enjoying getting to know Billie Eilish's music and creating cover songs with it.  Thanks again for welcoming me here, its a pleasure to be a part of this great community of talented artists!

Edited by Michael Svenson

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Michael,

Welcome. The last time I was in China, in Zheng Zhou, I was lucky enough to watch, and hear, a 9 year old prodigy playing that very instrument. It was wonderful.

It is a nice post, but you would help us all get to know you better is you would add more to your profile so we  would see it every time you post because many people don't ever read these introductions. Also, reading, listening,  watching and commenting on others works and sharing yours with us will go a long way.