Your Ad Could Be Here

Backing app for lyricist

Hi to all

I have written a number of songs and I am not a musician but I am looking to put sum out on mp3.

i would like to add some backing rhythm but I haven’t done that before.

so I would like some advice on a simple app or program that i might try 

regards Paul

Not sure what would be the best type (daw or rhythm machine, etc),and easiest. DAW's can pretty much do it all, kinda up to a full production. There are a couple of free ones depending on your computer operating system (garage band and reaper come to mind), and I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will be along in a bit. For just rhythm I have used the Boss Drum Rhythm machines in the past (dr5).

Not sure of available apps for that. There's a lot of stuff out there, good hunting and good luck with it!

I think Garage Band is much more user friendly, while Reaper is a very flexible  option. For a musical beginner Garage Band is the more accessible option. There is a large user base for both and a ton of tutorials. Of course you can try them both. As a 3rd free option, that used to be pretty expensive, you can try Cakewalk. I think it is as flexible as Reaper, but is much more user friendly. I used Cakewalk exclusively for many years.

Good luck Paul!

Hi Paul,

There is also Band In A Box, which a lot of people also use. I have been using now for about 15 years.

• 1 month later...

HI  JOHN 

can you tell me does Band in a box come complete or do i need any additional kit

thanks Paul

@John Selleck post above, I think the question is for you :)

@SYMO if you use the name in that way, most members receive a notification of the mention :)

JOHN MOXEY

JOHN IF I DOWNLOAD BANDLAB ON TO WINDOWS 10 WITH A PC KEYBOARD 

IS THERE MORE EQUIPMENT I NEED TO MACK A BASIC BACKING TRACK.

I AN LOOKING FOR SOMETHING A NEW GUY COULD HANDLE I AM NOT A TECNO HEAD

REGARDS PAUL     symo

• 9 months later...

Archived