Your Ad Could Be Here

Pre-announcing my next crazy idea: "all those 'voice memos' " ...

I've owned Macintoshes and iPhones for a very long time, and I've always very-religiously kept backups.  Which basically means that I find that I have "voice memos" which were recorded at the spur of the moment since 2016.

"When a song wanders through my head," I reach for Voice Record, and capture it.  This in due time makes its way to the permanent backups that I keep, and also into the Mac's various sound libraries.

And so – after all these years – I've decided on a project to turn most of them into actual songs.  (I do not promise to release all of them, because some of them suck.)  However ... "here goes!"

It really is very interesting how your own spur-of-the-moment ideas can, after the passage of time, both sound like "the work of a complete stranger," and sound rather interesting.

"How strange ... to follow the ideas of a perfect stranger, into territories where I have been before."

5 hours ago, MikeRobinson said:

"How strange ... to follow the ideas of a perfect stranger, into territories where I have been before."

Good luck! Every once in a while when I'm looking up an old lyric I wrote, I come across one I never finished, or 3 or 4 or... Then I see I can fish it, or them. It's great to revisit old stuff!

oh geez. my voice memos aren't as interesting... Maybe I'll combine them in string of weird noises.

I hope you at least share some of the finished ones here sometime.

Go get them done!

Archived