Your Ad Could Be Here

Hi from Jim

• Noob

Hi, 

I'm 58, from Glasgow, Scotland. Though I make my living running my own web design business - I also a musician, songwriter and songwriting tutor. I've been writing songs since I was a teenager and playing in bands as long. Played guitar with the Primevals (psychedelic rock band singed to French label New Rose), Dexter Slim & The Pickups, The Hemingways and the Bearpit Brothers (currently) among others. With those bands and as a solo artist I have released numerous cassettes, CD's and vinyl records. 🙂

I run an online songwriting course called Songwriting Magic which currently has over 1000 pupils. Songwriting Magic: http://tiny.cc/jd63kz

Jim83908476_10217153842541443_8259036739419

• Like 1

Hi Jim,

Welcome, and nice intro. You will do best here if you help us by filling in a bit more of your profile, that's what shows every time you make a post; what you do, lyricist/singer songwriter/musician/composer/etc., your musical influences, etc. Then comment on other's works, and then post some of your own. Share. That  way all of us get to know each other better.

If you look near the bottom of the forum page you will find a forum for advertising. That would be a good place to post this.

Hey Jim, welcome to the Songstuff family! I’m just down the road from you in the Southside of Glasgow in Cathcart.

It’s really great that you have put together a successful songwriting course and that you are an active blogger. I look forward to your contribution to the community and having many a good chat down the road.

Sorry this is a long post but because you have posted a commercial ad link in your intro, for all that I want you to enjoy being active on our boards, I should give you a head’s up about using ad links on our boards.

Previously our boards, like most forums, have been drowned in a deluge of commercial spam posts. It is a constant fight. As a result we have a number of rules regarding the posting of commercial promotional posts and we do take protecting our members and the health of our community environment pretty seriously.

Members can post about their own music for sale across our boards without issue.

We ask that if you want to promote your music products and services to our community, that you must be regularly active on our boards, posting genuine, non-promotional posts.

All ad activity must be kept to our advertising board and your profile. Your profile cannot be just an ad. It must be a genuine profile for you, the member.

Businesses and individuals can pay a small amount to promote music-related products and services to our members using banner ads. We keep such Ads to a low level as it is purely to help us to meet site costs.

We do not want ad posts to bury genuine content. While members don’t generally mind genuine contributing members occasionally telling us about something they are selling, they have told us that they definitely don’t want drive by posters promoting unrelated products. To be honest the staff don’t volunteer to build and promote this community simply to create a free advertising resource for businesses either.

All non-music related commercial links posted as a promotion are considered spam.

If a business or individual posts a commercial, music-related promotional link but the poster does not actively take a part in our community, it is also considered spam and removed. This may be decided in retrospect after a short period of grace to let them demonstrate their activity.

Where they post music related ads outside of our advertising board, it would normally be moved there by a staff member or the post would be edited and the ad removed or the post deleted. Repeat offenders are demonstrably not respecting our community and are considered spammers.

In both cases future links to that product may be banned and the member may be banned. This is because, besides promoting your own music, promoting to our members is a privilege not a right.

We do have a low level of paid advertising as a way of helping to fund the site.

I hope you dive in, make some new friends, actively post and you are happy to promote within these guidelines. Sorry again for the long explanation. Blame the spammers who abused the goodwill of our community on previous occasions! :) 

• 1 month later...