Your Ad Could Be Here

program for writing tab with lyrics and chords

before  coronavirus  i  used  to  write on  tab  with   lyrics  and  chords   and  if i wanted  to send it to so mebody  i  used  to  get  my  local copy shop  to  make it in to a atachment so  i  could  send it  by  email    is  it  possible  to  do  it  on  the computer  some  how  all  three things  at  once

MuseScore, which runs on everything and is absolutely free(!), can do tablature very easily.  (Along with "everything else you could possibly want to do with music notation."  A truly amazing piece of software.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Noob

Thanks, that's useful to know. 🙂

Jim

MuseScore amazed me long ago, and the team that produces it continues to make it better.

Back in a day when I was "feeling flush," I decided that I would "spend lots of money" either on Sibelius or Finale – these being the only score-writing tools that I was then aware of.  But first, I decided to surf the "open source" world.  After quickly passing by a few inevitable pieces of "dead-dud abandonware (of course ...)," I found MuseScore.  "And-d-d-d... I stopped looking."  This is professional-grade stuff.  A startling demonstration of what "community-supported open-source software" can actually be.

Archived