Your Ad Could Be Here

Greetings Music Enthusiasts!

• Noob

Hey y’all! I suppose this is the place where everything is about me, ha. I’m lazy, so I’ll probably borrow some information from my bio. Anyways, I’ll get right to the chase.

I’m a young musician that hails from NY, but I’m currently in Georgia. I enjoy writing songs and composing in my spare time, among other things. I play two instruments, piano (15 years) and guitar (7 years acoustic, 2 years electric). Currently working as a 19K (M1 Armored Crewman) in the US Army.

I do have a Soundcloud for my instrumental/electronic pieces, but they’re mostly experimental. I am a beginner in that realm. Feel free to check it out if it piques your interest though.

I’ve been writing poetry and other things for a while now, but I’ve probably only started writing songs about two years ago. It’s rather odd, considering I’ve been into music for so long, but it’s better late than never. I’ve never really shown anyone what I’ve written (so consider yourselves lucky...or unlucky), due to my shy nature and this really only being a hobby of mine. But, I would like to start getting critiques so I can start to progress with what I write, and perhaps this will turn into something more serious. I love singing and playing my instruments, so if I can get my writing up to par, I might have a complete package deal.

Anyways, I’ll end it here. Don’t want to ramble too much. I look forward to meeting all of you!

• Like 2

Ramble on REB! your intro was just what it should be (about you! LOL)

First, I want to thank you for your service in the Army!

Second, I'm glad you found Songstuff! and I see you've already jumped in and started looking around on the boards.

We have a lot of members at different levels so you'll find a variety of talent here.

Let me know if you have any questions or thoughts, I'd be happy to help.

Best,

Lisa

• Noob
1 minute ago, Lisa Gates said:

Ramble on REB! your intro was just what it should be (about you! LOL)

First, I want to thank you for your service in the Army!

Second, I'm glad you found Songstuff! and I see you've already jumped in and started looking around on the boards.

We have a lot of members at different levels so you'll find a variety of talent here.

Let me know if you have any questions or thoughts, I'd be happy to help.

Best,

Lisa

Good to know my slightly egocentric introduction was well received! Lol.

It’s no problem at all, I rather enjoy my job, although it has its fair share of challenges. I appreciate the support.

I’m glad I found it as well! I have been looking for a good Songwriting oriented forum for a while now, and this seemed to be a good fit for me.

I suppose I have already left a bit of a mark, ha. I’d like to mope around a bit and offer critique before I get some in return. I don’t like to take without giving; I know detailed, thoughtful opinions are hard to come by.

That’s good to know. While I have experience as a solo musician (performing classical recitals and a few personal gigs), I don’t really have any experience within the realm of sharing my personal, original music. So I hope to change that a bit. However, I don’t have access to my instruments or recording software at the moment, so I will have to be content to share lyrics without melodies for now.

I appreciate the warm welcome, and I hope to contribute more in the future! I will definitely keep you in mind if I have any concerns or questions.

Cheers, 
REB

• Like 2

Hey Reb, Welcome to the Songstuff Family! Great to have you with us. :) The ego has landed huh? lol just kidding. It's an ideal intro. You tell us a bit about you and your music background and interests. It might be a hobby, but it could be a serious hobby or just for fun from time to time... we're all here because we love making music, so don't fret (not something to say to a guitarist!), just take part and enjoy yourself. :)

• Thanks 1

Hi and welcome, REB, welcome to Songstuff!

Nice entro, another thanks for your bit. I remember your new home well, still miss it after 40 years gone. 

Looking forward to reading and listening to your contributions here.

• Like 1