Your Ad Could Be Here

Hey fam! I wanted to share with you my recent Tedx Talk..

• Editors

I hope all of you are well. :)

Last year, I decided to take a break from gigs and the hiatus has continued since then because of the pandemic. In the mean time, I did get an opportunity to speak to students about my journey so far as an independent musician and what it has meant for me. Strangely enough, this talk happened right across the street from my high school which I've considered to be my ground zero for music. Anyways, I hope you'll relate to this.

Awesome stuff! Well done. A bit of nervous pacing but very well delivered over all. Have you had much feedback?

• Editors
On 7/1/2020 at 6:04 PM, john said:

Awesome stuff! Well done. A bit of nervous pacing but very well delivered over all. Have you had much feedback?

Thanks John!

Oh yes, I was extremely nervous! 😕

TBH, when I was waiting outside the campus that evening, I could see my school building across the road and even the window to the class room where my interest for music ever began at age 13. lol  The evening felt mighty ironic. LMAO

I wasn't sure until the end how well I'd get through with it. But once I went up there, I did settle in gradually. 😄

I've had feedback from friends, fam and followers and it's been very positive. Well, that's good I guess. lol

You did well.

Not a biggie, but I think my only real comment is more strategic, relating to using this as a promotion opportunity.

tedx can get a lot of coverage. For that reason, perhaps Sleep, your most popular single, would have beeen better as your performance song? Knowing that that song gets a good response and tedx would be reaching a new audience, you would have been reaching them with your song that makes the biggest connection and gets the biggest response.

Other than that, perhaps working in a single line towards the end that said "I regularly post songs and other videos to my YouTube channel andI talk to people who leave comments all the time. Words are precious." etc. Of course it would need to be worked into the narrative, but I know you would have done it effectively.

I still think you did a great job talking about your subject!

Good Stuff! Yeah the nerves were apparent, but not a bad thing.....can be endearing.........student audience? HS? collegeish age? songwriting workshop? either way they're the worst! you had every right to be nervous haha.  I'm a nervous pacer too, got a laugh at you trying to stay in the circle ;) 

Grab your guitar, instantly calmed down hah!

Not knowing any of your music, I'll rectify that :) this is a pretty good song choice as far as being on topic with the rest of the talk.  

I listen to a lot of these, just usually skip the ones that have anything to do with music, or I might of caught this otherwise ;) 

I thoroughly appreciated your many profound insights ... even if you did not realize that you were making them.

• Editors
On 7/9/2020 at 6:36 AM, MikeRobinson said:

I thoroughly appreciated your many profound insights ... even if you did not realize that you were making them.

Mike, thank you so much for that. :)

On 7/7/2020 at 11:58 PM, Cody said:

Good Stuff! Yeah the nerves were apparent, but not a bad thing.....can be endearing.........student audience? HS? collegeish age? songwriting workshop? either way they're the worst! you had every right to be nervous haha.  I'm a nervous pacer too, got a laugh at you trying to stay in the circle ;) 

Grab your guitar, instantly calmed down hah!

Not knowing any of your music, I'll rectify that :) this is a pretty good song choice as far as being on topic with the rest of the talk.  

I listen to a lot of these, just usually skip the ones that have anything to do with music, or I might of caught this otherwise ;) 

Student audience with their parents. 9,10,11 graders. And yes sir, lol, as much as I enjoy going on stage to play gigs, public speaking always gives me such anxiety. LMAO I'm sure I'd have walked all over that stage if it wasn't for that circle 🤣

Thank you very much for your time Cody! I'm glad you gave this a try :D

1 hour ago, Mahesh said:

Mike, thank you so much for that. :)

Student audience with their parents. 9,10,11 graders. And yes sir, lol, as much as I enjoy going on stage to play gigs, public speaking always gives me such anxiety. LMAO I'm sure I'd have walked all over that stage if it wasn't for that circle 🤣

Thank you very much for your time Cody! I'm glad you gave this a try :D

Hah! You're lucky you made it out of there alive!

Did give some of your music a listen too! Really enjoyed your Accept EP, as a whole and the first track in particular.....really great and diverse blend of styles, and excellent recording! Sure not a "home studio" job there ;) Some great(unknown to me ) musicians featured!

• Editors
On 7/13/2020 at 1:59 AM, Cody said:

Hah! You're lucky you made it out of there alive!

🤣

On 7/13/2020 at 1:59 AM, Cody said:

Did give some of your music a listen too! Really enjoyed your Accept EP, as a whole and the first track in particular.....really great and diverse blend of styles, and excellent recording! Sure not a "home studio" job there ;) Some great(unknown to me ) musicians featured!

Thank you for checking out the music. Very much appreciate that. It was an incredibly enlightening 2+ years of my life putting "Accept" together. I had the fortune of working with some of the best musicians in this part of the country for it. Trying to pack all of the influences in to a single record was surely a challenge worth pursuing and learning. It has honed me further as a songwriter and musician for which I'm grateful.

6 minutes ago, Mahesh said:

It was an incredibly enlightening 2+ years of my life putting "Accept" together.

he’s a slow worker Cody! ;)

7 minutes ago, Mahesh said:

I had the fortune of working with some of the best musicians in this part of the country for it.

.... and even some feedback and influence from peeps around Songstuff parts :)

In truth I think Mahesh and his band plus specifically the Engineering/production team and his video team did an awesome job.

• Editors
13 minutes ago, john said:

.... and even some feedback and influence from peeps around Songstuff parts :)

Yeah, well... with me having been here now since I was a teenager working on my music, the record has Songstuff drooled all over it anyways :D  And not to mention it was released through RC7 Records, our home label.

he’s a slow worker Cody!

Screw you John! It's called 'cooking the dish in simmer'... 🤣

In truth I think Mahesh and his band plus specifically the Engineering/production team and his video team did an awesome job.

Yup! They put so much work into this! I'm lucky that all of them were my closest friends who I've called brothers for years. You know, people I grew up with as a kid. I keep telling them if any of this music stuff amounts to a big opportunity some day, I'd wanna take all of em with me as the official crew. Now that'd be a frikkin story to tell. ❤️

I'm sure John will be around back in the van with his cigar. LMAO

52 minutes ago, Mahesh said:

mwuahaha

53 minutes ago, Mahesh said:

*cough cough* LIMO *cough cough*

• Editors
2 minutes ago, john said:

*cough cough* LIMO *cough cough*

Limo it is, bud! :D

22 hours ago, Mahesh said:

😂  The time put in does show, that's not always the case.  I've known some people who will work on a project for months/years and only succeed in making it lose anything good that it might of once had.

22 hours ago, Mahesh said:

hahah! and he wants a limo now too? 😮 Sure there will be a limo, you get to ride your scooter alongside it and be a traffic bumper, can't have the limo getting scratched 😂

25 minutes ago, Cody said:

you get to ride your scooter alongside it and be a traffic bumper

Almost! You've seen those teddy bears tied onto radiator grills? ;D

Archived