Your Ad Could Be Here

Introduction

Foxglove

• Noob

Hi Guys,

I'm new here. I've owned my own "home" studio since 2006 and have been recording and producing since then

I produce artists and also record my own music. I have three solo albums out and am busy on the fourth. My style is very much in the Alan Parsons Project/Pink Floyd/Camel etc genre.

Cheers

Peter.

• Like 1

• Noob
4 hours ago, john said:

Hi Peter

Welcome to Songstuff :) Good to have you with us. Liking your nifluences :)

Thanks John.

3 hours ago, Peggy said:

Hi Peter, 

Welcome to the boards.  Working on your 4th!  That's great. Looking forward to hearing. Have you released your music?  If you have, are you happy with how your releases have gone? 

:)

Peggy

Thanks Peggy! The albums were released independently on cd and via download and all three have sold out. I'it I'm on my second run of each and its been going well... until Covid that is. Another irritation is that CD Baby has ceased the sale of downloads since May. I will replicate my next album when its done but after that I don't really know. Streaming is not the answer for me. I've had fairly large amount of streams with pitiful payouts. Being able to sell independently has earned me a decent amount which has helped me fund each release. I did manage to get a sponsorship for my third release from a high end audio company. They paid for for all the printing and replication of the cd which helped tremendously. All that they wanted was to have their logo on the back of the cd and to use the album as a demonstration in their listening rooms. Obviously that also generated sales for me as well. 

I don't know if I'm allowed to post clips from the albums but if it's not a problem I'll share some videos of the recording sessions.

Thanks for your interest.

Cheers

Peter.

Yes, I was a little disappointed in CDBaby but I guess I can understand their decision, others have done the same. Are you using your own website to sell your CD's and downloads?  

13 minutes ago, Foxglove said:

I don't know if I'm allowed to post clips from the albums but if it's not a problem I'll share some videos of the recording sessions.

There's no problem if you want to post clips on Songstuff, but not sure if that is what you are talking about or maybe iy's something under your current agreement that would be an issue.  Either way, by all means you can share your recording sessions here, if you would like. 

• Noob
7 minutes ago, Peggy said:

Yes, I was a little disappointed in CDBaby but I guess I can understand their decision, others have done the same. Are you using your own website to sell your CD's and downloads?  

There's no problem if you want to post clips on Songstuff, but not sure if that is what you are talking about or maybe iy's something under your current agreement that would be an issue.  Either way, by all means you can share your recording sessions here, if you would like. 

I was referring to the rules of the forum. I've only just joined and am wary of coming on and spamming my own stuff.

Oh well if it is allowed here goes. If it's construed as spamming I'll delete the thread.

This is one of the tracks from the new album. The album is going to be entitled Big Moving Parts. You'll hear the Alan Parsons Project influence as I'm a huge fan.

These tracks were recorded and mastered at my Home studio.

Thank you for listening.

These are from my previous album entitled Wide Open Spaces

• Like 1

Cool cool.  You can also put your finished works on our Showcase boards.  We use these to help promote our member's music on our many platforms.  It's explained on the Showcase board info at the top there.  We have lots of ways to help reach new audiences for your music, should you be interested.  Including but not limited to  our fan facing YouTube channel, playlists, blogs, featured artist and artists interviews. Listening now.. great sound! 

https://forums.songstuff.com/forum/102-showcase/

• Noob
19 minutes ago, Peggy said:

Cool cool.  You can also put your finished works on our Showcase boards.  We use these to help promote our member's music on our many platforms.  It's explained on the Showcase board info at the top there.  We have lots of ways to help reach new audiences for your music, should you be interested.  Including but not limited to  our fan facing YouTube channel, playlists, blogs, featured artist and artists interviews. Listening now.. great sound! 

https://forums.songstuff.com/forum/102-showcase/

Thanks Peggy, I certainly will post on the showcase boards. I'm thrilled that you have such great options for musicians.