Your Ad Could Be Here

Where am I?

I was hoping to get a response to my little spiel as follows: 

I’m a 71-year-old very amateur songwriter from New Zealand, and I’m rather hoping that I can find some kind musicians who could make reasonable demo tapes of my rather dodgy originals. I’m aware that there will be some cost involved, although not too much, I hope. All the songs were written for or about my wife and I’ve chosen ten…surely one or two of them are worthy of a basic demo. Perhaps anyone interested in having a crack at one or more could send me a link to a song they’ve performed. I’ve put mine onto YouTube, although most are blank videos, and I’ll send the links to those interested. Unfortunately, I don’t know the names of all the chords I used so would have to draw diagrams if necessary. I only ever record a song once, usually into my phone, and I am a poor singer and guitar player.

Not a great sales pitch, I guess. However, this year marks our fortieth year together, and hence the fortieth song that I’ve written for my wife. I think I’m a bit countryish or balladish. ‘Rock’ is my real name, by the way.

• Like 2