Your Ad Could Be Here

About me - New musician

Olliepriceiow

• Noob

Hi everyone!

I have always loved music, I can play a variety of instruments, and I have just started writing, recording and mixing my own music. I have put my first demo on soundcloud but really just want feedback on how to improve!

Would be good to hear from anyone willing to listen and feedback any tips/guidance!

• Like 2

Hi and welcome to Songstuff Ollie. It’s good to have you with us.

Go to the appropriate critique board (it sounds like the draft song critique board [for loose 1+1 drafts] or song critique board[for fuller arrangements and bigger productions]) and post up the song link, plus the lyrics, plus a description of where you want critique to focus and what you want critique to avoid.

Also, please make sure that you critique the work of other members. This is really important for you, for them, and for the health of the community. Try to make sure you give as much thought to these critiques as you would want someone to give your works. The more works you critique the better. Remember also to ask questions. Critique is a discussion, not simply a set of opinions.

Dive in, have fun, but also work hard. The more effort you and others put in, the better.

There’s a saying I go to a lot...

An amateur practices until they get it right.

A professional practices until they can’t get it wrong.

The same is true for songwriting, and for critique, and recording and production. The more you do it, the better. The more seriously you approach it, the better.

Improvement takes work. Hard work. There is no substitute. There is no short cut. That said, following the right advice can save a lot of wasted effort.

Enjoy...

John

• Like 1