Your Ad Could Be Here

Has Lockdown Helped Your Songwriting?

Hey gang

I know a lot of people have had a lot of extra time on their hands. At the same time I am aware of a lot who sit in perpetual boredom, who have largely wasted their time.

What about you? Did you add to your skills? Add to your song or composition collection? Did lockdown light a fuse under your ass?

Cheers

John

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Yes, I recorded two albums!   

I was working on one album late 2019 into 2020 - and then, even before lockdown, I went into overdrive in February when I realised the world was going to change, and very quickly finished that album (by March 2020) and then started work on another album which I finished in late 2020.  Now I'm four songs into my next album (which will be my fourth album overall).  So yes, for me the current situation is just a reminder that time is short and I need to focus.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
On 2/11/2021 at 9:34 AM, john said:

Did lockdown light a fuse under your ass?

Yes ... but now I'm too scared to fart! :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I work in medical education but, during the first lockdown in the UK, I went back to being a nurse and worked on my old Cardiology ward. The experience inspired quite a number of ideas for songs that I wrote and recorded, with titles such as: Clean space; dark days; give me back my toilet roll, please; Dr Marten shoes; and a number of others. They weren't all great songs but I think that I managed to capture the feelings that me and many of my nursing colleagues were experiencing at he time

• Like 2

• Editors

I started writing Tiny Tunes during the pandemic so that's definitely something new. The lockdown period pushed me to open up with my expression and be more spontaneous. It makes sense since I felt like there was so much going on inside of me during that time and I just couldn't bottle it up! 

It also helped me bring new perspectives into songs I'd already written and added further context to the upcoming record that I'm working on titled "Change". So yeah, amidst the muck that this pandemic was, it looks like it was useful in some ways of growth!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's been a strange trip. You'd think it would be a time to do more music but I went through phases of being focused on the news,staring blankly at a monitor,spending a lot of time in the garden,feeding squirrels and blue jays and thinking about the past.

(I also had to hook myself up with a proper pain management doctor so I can deal with that chronic issue and focus better) Then ultimately changing the way I make music to a degree.  Working on more introspective, meditative pieces 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • Noob

Just got this link in the newsletter. I started writing in lockdown June 2020, hence my pen name. Got no music ability, just some rhyming agility. If you got tunes looking for words, then take a look here or there (I tried Elton, but couldnt get through :) )

https://www.songu.com/members/LockdownLarcs/

https://allpoetry.com/list/634163-Larcs-Lyrics

I am a recent member of the songwriters guild UK and looking for collabs

cheers LL

• Like 1