Your Ad Could Be Here

Tiny Tunes

• Editors
During this pandemic and while in the middle of working on my EP, I've started this new thing to keep myself and my audiences engaged called Tiny Tunes.

Tiny Tunes as the name suggests are mini songs made to begin a musical narrative and conclude within the timeframe of 30 to 60 seconds. It began from my digital presence gaining slightly more traction on Instagram but I've continued to do them as it's been a fun & challenging activity wherein I get to exercise my skill on a day to day basis. I thought I shall share some of the tint tunes that I've written & shared so far. :)

Pretty Doll

Proof

Wolves

Hate

A Silent Night

Do you think you'll expand on any of these?  

Fun idea and enjoying your tiny tunes.  

• Like 1

• Editors
21 hours ago, Peggy said:

Do you think you'll expand on any of these?  

Fun idea and enjoying your tiny tunes.  

Thank you Peggy!

I really don't have any intention at the moment to expand on these tunes. TBH, I wrote these tunes with the mind set that they need to be complete on their own as a unit. Like Haiku or a poem. So I'd introduce a narrative/plot and try to resolve it by the time it reaches the end, in a sense.

It'd be interesting though if any or some of it would become part of a bigger idea in the future sometime.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • Editors
On 9/22/2021 at 10:40 PM, Popthree said:

nice work and a fun exercise in writing!  i think its a great idea to target insta with stuff like this...the format seems perfect for their platform.  i've written a few tiny tunes myself..though i never referred to them as such.  a couple of them i have played live before.  its pretty funny when you can see that someone is getting into a song, and then watch the shock on their faces when its over so soon.  

Totally!

Some people really started catching on to these Tiny Tunes & have even requested me to perform them on my live streams (I didn't do it ofc, that'd be awkward af :D ) But it is a good way to cater to the little attention span social media provides with these days while offering a little musical story. 

Here's the latest one from this week called "What is Love?"

On 9/22/2021 at 10:40 PM, Popthree said:

its pretty funny when you can see that someone is getting into a song, and then watch the shock on their faces when its over so soon.  

Lmao I hear you. In a way, it also leaves them wanting more. Which is always a good place for a listener to be in from a musician's perspective!

• 2 months later...

New member finding my way around... these are great! - your haiku model is perfect for TT and your very short story resolution, lyrics and singing are brilliant. Thanks for the inspiration! 

• Like 2

Awesome tiny tunes Mahesh! It’s a great way to quickly explore ideas, genres, style and production. :)

• Like 1