Your Ad Could Be Here

New Music Friday #5

It's that time of the week, boys and girls! Show us something you're working on. Any length, any style, any stage of development. 

• Like 1

I was planning to record something for it, if I get a chance this evening. Last Friday my wife was taken into hospital which tossed my plans for taking part out the window, and pretty well any chance of recording through the week out with it. Thankfully home now, but as you can imagine getting time to record isn’t easy. Tbh, I need to practice performing the piece. It’s meant to have words, but I still need to write them!

4 hours ago, Popthree said:

It would be cool to see someone new drop something in here. 

My own contribution will be uh, a mess

Messy is good! I spent some time working on NMF 1 again, and I think it's telling me it wants to be a song eventually. I'll drop it later tonight.

@john Dude, just drop whatever you're comfortable with. The whole point of New Music Friday is to not worry about warts (easier said than done, right?). Also, I'm always available offline to listen to literally anything you have.

Edited by Steve Mueske

Okay, so for whatever reason (I don't question the muse) I've been working on the first NMF post, which I think wants to be a song eventually. Anyway, as usual, it's at the top of this reel.

About a minute and ten seconds later than the last post. Hopefully, the labeling won't be too confusing.

https://rcrft.co/reel/whoisthemuesk/nmfsketches

• Like 1

Ok, so… late again lol

Here’s a quick scribble of the guitar idea for a new track that will be more or less guitar + vocal. It’s already changed since recorded, in the intro phrasing there are pauses after every 4th beat. There are also some improvements in the guitar melody and clarity. The scrappy bits are tightened up to have more purpose and direction and less guitar mumbling lol

I’ll be working on this through this week and will upload updates.

I need to write some words. I have a vocal melody at least!

• Like 1

@Popthree

Digging what you have, Mike. And, yeah, I get the whole family thing. That's what's most important. I'm just happy to get a glimpse into your musical world. I don't ever want it to be a burden for you.

@john I appreciate your honesty in posting what you have. I like this glimpse into what's coming and look forward to more!

On 12/18/2021 at 10:13 PM, john said:

Ok, so… late again lol

Here’s a quick scribble of the guitar idea for a new track that will be more or less guitar + vocal. It’s already changed since recorded, in the intro phrasing there are pauses after every 4th beat. There are also some improvements in the guitar melody and clarity. The scrappy bits are tightened up to have more purpose and direction and less guitar mumbling lol

I’ll be working on this through this week and will upload updates.

I need to write some words. I have a vocal melody at least!

Nice guitar work/sound which sparked a number of melody/lyric ideas.

And it actually SOUNDS Scottish! :) 
Greg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GregB said:

Nice guitar work/sound which sparked a number of melody/lyric ideas.

And it actually SOUNDS Scottish! :) 
Greg

Thanks Greg. :)