Your Ad Could Be Here

Have you finished a Romantic or Love song? โค๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š

Hi All,

It's about that time again!ย  We are starting to work on our YouTube Valentine's Day playlist of indie artist songs for our channel.ย  Do you have aย romantic song or a love song that you've finished or are getting close to finishing that you would like us to consider adding to the playlist?ย  If you do, you can start a topic on the Showcase board and tag me @peggy so I can check it out.ย 

And.. of course..any suggestionsย of other indie artists love songs would be good, too.

We changed the name of our fan based YouTube channel.ย  It is now Independent Musicย Stage.ย  Don't forget to subscribe.

ย 

https://youtube.com/channel/UCkEW8R8Bdu84VtR0Wv2-iqA

Peggy

Hmmm ...ย  "Love songs".ย  Never my forte! :)ย 

In fact I've always blanched at the thought of including the word 'love' in lyrics ... it's SO over-used.ย 
But I have a couple that are similar to each other - they reflect a slow realisation of being in love rather than that all-consuming passion of finding love.ย  Both are 'ballads' (I think).

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

No problems if not suitable (square pegs, etc.).ย 

Also if there is limited space in the playlist, I'd prefer that you gave younger members the opportunity for exposure.

ย 

Cheers,

Greg

23 minutes ago, Stewart Schmidt said:

deconstructions of love songs,

Without more info, I can imagine this many different ways ... or is that the point? :)

ย 

Do you have one or more examples for Peggy's video playlist?

Hi Greg,

ย 

I used Old Love on last year's playlist and it will most likely will be on this year's also. Good song!

ย 

Will check out the other one also.

ย 

Peggy

7 hours ago, Peggy said:

I used Old Love on last year's playlist

ย 

Thanks goodness that ONE of us can remember stuff!! :)ย 

Hi Peggy - What does โ€œ finishedโ€ mean? Iโ€™ve got lyrics to more than a few but none recorded (or recording experience).

On 1/9/2022 at 5:40 PM, 6 String said:

Hi Peggy - What does โ€œ finishedโ€ mean? Iโ€™ve got lyrics to more than a few but none recorded (or recording experience).

For the YouTube playlists the song needs to be a good quality recording and available on the YouTube platform.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2021 at 10:13 AM, Peggy said:

We are starting to work on our YouTube Valentine's Day playlist of indie artist songs for our channel.

ย 

Hi. Is this playlist being released on Feb 14?

Yes, for Feb. 14th... considering international time zone and Songstuff being international,ย  I often work through posting and release times.ย  What do you think is a good posting time for the Valentine's Playlist considering we want to reach international audiences?ย 

ย 

We'll run a promo post prior to the 14th.

1 hour ago, Peggy said:

What do you think is a good posting time for the Valentine's Playlist considering we want to reach international audiences?ย 

I'm the least romantic person also with a huge dislike for occasions 'manufactured' strictly for retail benefit ๐Ÿ˜†

However, assuming there may be people serious about finding personal 'messages' for loved ones, I reckon a week beforehand provides sufficient time to trawl the offerings and send the links they have found/liked in time for the occasion.

Greg

10 hours ago, GregB said:

I'm the least romantic person also with a huge dislike for occasions 'manufactured' strictly for retail benefit ๐Ÿ˜†

ย 

Yes.. definitely manufactured for profit.ย  But.. candies, flowers, special little gifts andย lovey dovey cards andย atmosphere can't be all bad.. haha..

ย 

About a week is good!