Your Ad Could Be Here

What is the most important aspect of your songs/music?

Hey

There are many answers to this question from many people.

For example, is it:

• the emotion
  • the expression of your creativity
  • a sense of accomplishment
  • your connection to the listener
  • hoped for adulation of fans
  • the recognition by your peers
  • money
  • a long string of sexual partners
  • the opportunity to see the world
  • because you get to party. A lot.
  • something else?

• Like 2

I think it’s, for me, desire.  I desire to connect, I desire to express, and a whole lot of it is I desire to meet the challenges of doing those things.

I seek the work.  I seek it if it doesn’t find me first.  I desire a connection to the work and to its expression and I seek ways to attain that.  

Much of this remains unfulfilled.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 9:02 AM, john said:

a long string of sexual partners

That is no longer an option for me ;D

I think for me making music is more of a necessity, I just can't stop, I love the creative process, love the mixing and the mastering too. I have so much music done that haven't seen the world yet. Having other people listening to my music is nice but it's not what drives me to keep making music, had to force myself to upload a couple of song last year.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in it for the bacon. Mmm, bacon.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 3:02 AM, john said:

Savagery!  Feeling the throbbing Bass and pounding Drums. 

It's the best avenue I have to express myself! Words fail unless they are written down in lyric form and carefully constructed. Then putting those words into a melody, altering them and making words and melody work together, then getting to sing it over and over again as much as I want creates a sense of satisfaction that I haven't been able to find anywhere else. It's kind of like meditation. The new song becomes a mantra for a while and brings healing until the next one comes.

• Like 1

I may be facetious, but I create primarily to explore what is possible with sound.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 3:02 AM, john said:

I like to combine the Primitive and the Primal with the Classic and the Modern to show all of human history is but a brief snapshot in the life of the universe, a split second in relative time.

The arc of all human civilizations in total are but a brief moment in time and space which through our limited faculties of perception appear to be far more than they are.

Two mathematicians at Stanford University have put forth a mathematical proof of the Kahn-Kalai conjecture.  This is a validation of random structure theory the implications of which might be that our most advanced astrophysicists could be totally off base about the way the universe has and is developing.

Edited by Clay Anderson Johnson
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

To me, the importance of music is simply that I could not conceive of not doing it.  Music is a gift from the gods, I guess, and I find myself able to make it.  I devote a portion of each and every day to "making it," often downloading scores of songs made by previous masters and marveling at their ingenuity as I patiently try to teach my feeble hands to repeat their recorded masterworks.  No one will hear me.

I've published a few things, no money so far, but to me that's really not the point.  Music is a very strange thing which simultaneously "transcends human experience" and "is an indivisible part of it."  I consider myself privileged to be able to produce it – if only for myself.  I thank the gods for their precious gift: the ability to do it at all. When I play music, "I go somewhere."

Edited by MikeRobinson
  • Like 1