Your Ad Could Be Here

Hi everyone, I’m Elliott!

Hi Everyone! 😊😁

My name is Elliott Smith and I am a songwriter and children’s author/illustrator with two publications!

For the past five months, I’ve been writing several songs a day! It’s given me so much experience and has really helped me learn about songwriting! I wanted to join SongStuff to give some feedback, see what others are coming up with, and also get some feedback for my lyrics. My hope is to one day write songs professionally for artists, but right now just tryna get 10,000 hrs in of practice!

Just wanted to stop in and say hi, and hope each of you all are having a wonderful day!!😊

—Elliott

• Like 1

Hey there Elliot. Great to meet you. Welcome to Songstuff!

Great ambition to have. I’m looking forward to reading your lyrics. Do you also write melodies too? If not often a learning step for writers is learning how to write words in a way that they work with melody to be more than a sum of the parts, and how melody and often spoken phrasing shapes the words.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, john said:

Hey there Elliot. Great to meet you. Welcome to Songstuff!

Great ambition to have. I’m looking forward to reading your lyrics. Do you also write melodies too? If not often a learning step for writers is learning how to write words in a way that they work with melody to be more than a sum of the parts, and how melody and often spoken phrasing shapes the words.

Hi John! 

I do write melodies as well! I posted two of my songs on the Lyric critique group. Should I add them to any other groups? Thanks!

• Like 2

If you have recorded the song and it is still a work in progress then post the recording in the song critique board. You can post finished works for general promo to members into the Musician’s Lounge, and post into the Showcase board tracks you would like to be considered for being featured by the staff on and off-site.

• Like 1