Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello all, I'm new

My name is Katrina and I just joined Songstuff. Over my life I have dreamed of fulfilling many a musical dream. And often of becoming a rockstar, but that's really 2nd nature. 

I joined because I would like to share my talents and my personality with this crowd. If I only post once in a while, it's mainly because my time mgmt is terrible!!! But that doesn't mean I'm unapproachable.  Whoever would like to say hi, just say hi and I will say hi back the next time.

I sang most all my life. The earliest time I remember singing was when I was like 3 at a Head Start talent show. Most of my vocals have been heard in choirs but I have never really made an effort to do a solo take. I have a singer-songwriter bent and yet I don't sing all that much (except during house work)? 😂

Learned piano from age 7 then on and off until my 30s. Age 39 learned guitar. An instrument I'd wanted since 11! And then I strum a cute ukulele from time to time.

Hope you enjoyed my blathering. Have a happy weekend!

• Like 3

Hi Katrina,

Welcome to Songstuff. 

That's a brilliant dream to keep hold of. 

I have been on the site for just short of 6 months and enjoy it. There is plenty of support here.

Do you write songs? Let's hear them. Nothing to lose. It sounds as if you have some musical pedigree and that the music something that you need in your life.

Enjoy what's left of your weekend.

Chris

• Like 1

• Editors

Hello Katrina!

Welcome to Songstuff. We appreciate you taking this step. I'm absolute crap with time mgmt too and try my best to keep a hold on the leash. I look forward to seeing some of that singer-songwriter flare of yours on here. Please do feel free to look around and post some of your work when you find the time! (you'll generally have context for that board pinned at the top as a topic which should help)

Best regards,

Mahesh

• 1 year later...
  • Noob
On 9/17/2022 at 10:51 PM, katmusic2023 said:

My name is Katrina and I just joined Songstuff. Over my life I have dreamed of fulfilling many a musical dream. And often of becoming a rockstar, but that's really 2nd nature. 

I joined because I would like to share my talents and my personality with this crowd. If I only post once in a while, it's mainly because my time mgmt is terrible!!! But that doesn't mean I'm unapproachable.  Whoever would like to say hi, just say hi and I will say hi back the next time.

I sang most all my life. The earliest time I remember singing was when I was like 3 at a Head Start talent show. Most of my vocals have been heard in choirs but I have never really made an effort to do a solo take. I have a singer-songwriter bent and yet I don't sing all that much (except during house work)? 😂

Learned piano from age 7 then on and off until my 30s. Age 39 learned guitar. An instrument I'd wanted since 11! And then I strum a cute ukulele from time to time.

Hope you enjoyed my blathering. Have a happy weekend!

Hello, Welcome here. It sounds like you have lots of musical talent and experience to share. Your musical journey sounds awesome choirs, piano, guitar, and even a ukulele. I'm looking forward to hearing your songs and learning more about you. It's never too late for a solo take, so go for it when you're ready. If need any help with Ukulele Tabs and chords you can check here. Best wishes.

Edited by Elbert
for little update