Your Ad Could Be Here

Music Appeal, Audience and Industry

13 hours ago, Jac said:

well to be honest lm glad l evoked a debate as l wanted to share my views from the stand point  as a consumer, a creative and  l guess a moralist.

Does a person of all three have any need to be concerned with all three with it all.

well i'm bound to say yes. Does all three have any right to give a voice. l hope so. l cant be the only one, surely.

Well, I'd like to think that a person can be more that just those three things (consumer, creative, moralist) 😅 Though please allow me to thank you for raising such an interesting debate! I'm always on the look out for interesting conversations, as that is how I pass the majority of my time here.

Speaking as a consumer, a creator, and a moralist myself, I'd like to think that all three of these important elements are not necessarily at odds with each other. For one, you can pick what prefer to consume, support or endorse. And on a similar vain, you can also choose how you go about prioritizing what sort of PR/Marketing tactics/practices you wish to incorporate into your brand.

In other words: Everything starts with a choice, and I believe that you can define what you wish yourself and your brand to stand for. And if something comes up that seems to be in direct opposition to your core values as a person, than, by all means, either don't do it, or strategize a way around it or experiment with different tactics. There is always more than one option, and there are plenty of middle  grounds and go-to compromises.

13 hours ago, Jac said:

l guess the games ind and the music ind all feel the same  ' it can only get better'

I think that its going to be a long time before real music, music with substance, will truly become popular again. And I can say the same for the videogame industry. Though I don't think it will happen at this point in time. Both society and the world is in a state of transition. Maybe a few years from now, though.

13 hours ago, Jac said:

Development is of course going to happen in this high tec world we now live in as never before it's at our fingertips.

Your right, nothing can stop progress. Which is why the question becomes: Since you cannot change the world itself, than what will you choose to do about your own product? personally, I believe that adaptation is key.

13 hours ago, Jac said:

yes im greatful for the response but all l read is from a marketing view point.

Sure, we could keep it real 👍 Well, putting all business and marketing aside, speaking as a soon-to-be retired composer, I can tell you that I have always disliked the business side of things. If fact, I'd even go as far as saying, that I think its soul sucking and boring lol.

Than again, that's just my opinion as a person. And there is a BIG difference between that, and between neglecting the inherit responsibilities and practical financial decisions that come with the trade. We all got bills to pay, no? lol. Is that more in-line with what you wanted to hear?

13 hours ago, Jac said:

But l  do know you are interested as you have responded, which im greatful for as you could have just ignored it. lol.

Hey anytime man! Besides. I don't like ignoring people and I think that the topics your bringing up are important.

13 hours ago, Jac said:

sorry im on my soap box again lol

Don't worry about it. Usually I'm the one that rants into the void 😅

Edited by VoiceEx
  • Like 2