Your Ad Could Be Here

About Me

Hey CX1, a big welcome to Songstuff!

Do you have any aspirations for your lyrics? I don’t mean world fame as such. Most people’s goals are a bit more modest! :)

• Noob
38 minutes ago, john said:

Hey CX1, a big welcome to Songstuff!

Do you have any aspirations for your lyrics? I don’t mean world fame as such. Most people’s goals are a bit more modest! :)

Don't mean to sound arrogant or seeking fame, I am not.  I am a complete amateur.  I have written a lot of chord chart with lyric songs on guitar.  I would love any insights on how to publish them or what to do with them?  I really enjoy writing music, but I am a novice.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CX1 said:

Don't mean to sound arrogant or seeking fame, I am not.  I am a complete amateur.  I have written a lot of chord chart with lyric songs on guitar.  I would love any insights on how to publish them or what to do with them?  I really enjoy writing music, but I am a novice.

No worries CX. I don’t think it’s arrogant to dream big, though my only concern with big dreams would be that you have a realistic idea of costs (time, money, effort, emotion) and chances of success in reaching the big dream. I know our community can help whatever your plans. It’s just easier to help if we know what your goals are. :)

Having realistic goals, becoming a full-time professional is very achievable as an artist, but considerably harder if you write but don’t perform. Either way there are strategies and tactics that are more likely to work and strategies and tactics that doom you to failure from the outset. Importantly there are strategies that clash, and more than a few that require serious financial investment.

In reality, sometimes we need to adjust our goals or how we plan to get there, to select strategies and tactics that suit our budget (time, money, effort, emotion).

That aside, development as a writer and as an artist is important. Even if you have no intention of making money from your music (which is most writers and artists) we still tend to want some kind of listener base. People who actually enjoy the music we produce. Interestingly, the strategies and tactics for growing your listener base is 90% the same whether you make money or give everything away for free.

I’m rambling. :) Again.

Point is… we can help. However communities expect you to take part, participate. People notice who makes an effort and who doesn’t. This is true for social media, for forums, and in real life.

So please, dive in, don’t be shy. We were all beginners once and we are all, always learning. :)

• Like 2

On 2/6/2023 at 9:01 AM, CX1 said:

I am a amateur songwriter, singer, lyricist, and poet.  My work resembles Johnny Cash and Chris Cornell.  Pleasure to meet everyone.

You had me at Johnny, but then you go ahead and add Cornell too! I'm in, look forward to hearing you!

• Like 1