Your Ad Could Be Here

Africa...by Toto Cover song

• Like 2

Hi TagSongZ

Good work on the video. Did you do all the music? The gentle discordant synth melody took a beat to get used to but it grew on me as the song progressed. Overall it all sat pretty well together. A few points I felt either synth or vocal was a little short and abrupt  where maybe I might have preferred a smooth legato… but that is just my opinion, so not a big deal at all.

One question… what the reason for changing the melody on the second half of the verse melody line? Going by the chorus the original verse melody would seem to be within the singer’s range. Just curiosity, nothing more :)

Cheers

John

John,

Thanks for listening

Did you do all the music?   no....I'm more of a singer / songwriter then a musician... I used some loops and midi to set up the music...so I'm a bit of a fake...to be sure... I don't have the talent nor the technical musical skills of many on the forum.

I just enjoy creating...it's all art to me.

what the reason for changing the melody on the second half of the verse melody line? 

I guess I'm not music savvy enough to understand .... so I'm a bit embarrassed by the lack of my music knowledge to answer your question....but I'm all for learning.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well done on your Toto cover.  I was watching some Youtube videos of Toto recently which took me right back, I particularly adored their song 'Hold the line' which is one of my absolute favourites from that era.

I liked what you did visually with the video and it followed the song well. 

Don't worry if you don't feel you have enough musical knowledge, you have already achieved much more than many (including myself!) could do.   Keep enjoying it, that is the most important thing!

Janeva

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Very well made video. Great job. Obviously a lot of time and effort was put into this. 5 stars!!

Also great choice of a song to cover.