Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello from a new member from the deep south in Alabama. USA

• Noob

Hello , my name is mark skinner. I am a 69 year old retired auto worker. I now have Plenty of time for creating music in my humble home studio. I'm mostly a guitarist but dabble with anything with strings .  I started playing when I was 14 and got serious about it several years later. I do this just for fun sanity and I and give work on "something" every morning. I've done the bar thing playing in acoustic harmony type bands , now it's just me and anyone who will listen. I use Cakewalk/Sonar Daws and am active on their forum. It's nice to get feedback about mixes and masters , especially if I've gotten too close to a mix and start making bad decisions. I'm looking forward to hearing from song creators on this forum. I recently finished a collaboration with a member here who suggested I check you out.   Thanks ..   mark

• Like 2

Hi Mark,

Welcome to Songstuff!  Listening to some of your songs.  Nice guitar and what a great sounding voice.  Smooth and funky!!

Enjoy the community.

Peggy 

Hey Mark

Welcome to Songstuff! Good to meet you :)

I was a long time Cakewalk user. I finally walked away when Gibson decided they were dropping all Cakewalk products. After initially using  Cubase on Atari ST, I started with Twelve Tone Systems Cakewalk 4 on my first decent PC. There were a load of features I loved, none more so than CAL. These days I use Studio One. It took a little adjustment but ultimately I find it a more intuitive DAW. I have Cakewalk by Bandlab installed but I have done very little with it. @Mahesh (site crew) is a devoted Cakewalk user.

• Like 2

• Noob

Hello John , Very nice to meet you as well. I've tried a few different DAWs but keep coming back to Cakewalk. Quite a few people moved to Studio One after the Gibson fiasco. It seems Very intuitive especially for drag and drop functions. Cakewalk is now restructuring and going to roll out two new paid DAWs. I'll probably go with the new Cakewalk "Sonar". I don't do much drag and drop and it's intuitive enough for my simple workflow. 

Thanks ..  mark

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mark alan skinner said:

Hello John , Very nice to meet you as well. I've tried a few different DAWs but keep coming back to Cakewalk. Quite a few people moved to Studio One after the Gibson fiasco. It seems Very intuitive especially for drag and drop functions. Cakewalk is now restructuring and going to roll out two new paid DAWs. I'll probably go with the new Cakewalk "Sonar". I don't do much drag and drop and it's intuitive enough for my simple workflow. 

Thanks ..  mark

I’d be interested to know what you think of this new Sonar, especially in comparison with the old Sonar as that was my last real frame of reference.

As it happens I only use drag and drop of drum parts when doing a rough work up as it speeds up my flow. I’m too old school lol I still feel itchy if I use a preset without a minimum of tweaking (effect, synth patch etc). That said, I seldom build my sample library from scratch, as in “the good old days”!

• Like 1

• Editors

I was a devoted Cakewalk by Bandlab user! But when I switched from MacOS to Windows as my old device finally gave in, I was forced to switch to Reaper. Don't get me wrong, the windows version of Cakewalk work absolutely great and somethings about the software UI and workflow. But the CPU management issue with more plugins and virtual instruments became quite the hassle at one point. 

So.. I guess we are on a break right now. 

EDIT: Just signed up for both Next and Sonar on Cakewalk.

• Like 1