Your Ad Could Be Here

• Noob

Was hoping to get some critique on production, the vocal harmonies, and production.

A few things I noticed in my last listen before uploading, the timing on the last minute or so of the harmony is off in some spots, and there a weird sound that is in there right after the first chorus. Have no idea what it is. Also, after listening to it again, the last note at the end I wish I had gone up a few semitones towards the middle.  These are my own critiques, but I would like some more input as well. Would greatly appreciate it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Noob

Hey Anthony. 

I am new here too and I am not very versed in Critique other's songs but I thought I'd let you know that I really liked your version of that song.  I'd actually never heard the original before.  I know as musicians listening to our own stuff can be a little ADHD'y picking it apart but for the most part, it was a nice listen.  There was a video I saw a while back where Jack White was talking about his favorite song, and it is basically just a guy singing a song and clapping his hands.  The notes weren't perfect and the recording is/sounds old, and it's fantastic because of how human it is.  It kind of changed my view a bit on what music could or should be.  So when I hear songs like you made, I tend to like the weird sounds, flat notes, or timing issues because it's human.  And I like that about it.

Good job.  

Edit: I found the video  -