Your Ad Could Be Here

Your Top 3 Desert Island Albums

IMG_7020.webp

Hi

If you could only listen to 3 albums for the rest of your life, what would they be?

Go!

Cheers

John

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've been sitting here for 5 minutes and I genuinely don't know what to say! This island is like a graveyard for singles but yeah lets give it a go! You're a cruel, cruel man John! 🤣👌

Kamelot: Epica.

Iron Maiden: Rock in Rio.

Cradle of Filth: Cruelty and the Beast.

Tropical paradise here I come! 🤘

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2023 at 4:03 PM, VoiceEx said:

I've been sitting here for 5 minutes and I genuinely don't know what to say! This island is like a graveyard for singles but yeah lets give it a go! You're a cruel, cruel man John! 🤣👌

Kamelot: Epica.

Iron Maiden: Rock in Rio.

Cradle of Filth: Cruelty and the Beast.

Tropical paradise here I come! 🤘

An interesting selection! I remember as a teen when Iron Maiden Iron Maiden came out. One of my friends played it relentlessly. Rock in Rio must have been out about 20 years by now, surely? I’ve never really listened to Epica. I’ve heard perhaps 2 tracks off it, maybe 3.

Cradle of Filth are a little different. Funny how both Cruelty and the Beast and Rock in Rio start with short scene setters. Vocally entirely different. Ok, there is a difference musically but vocally it is like chalk and cheese.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mel J said:

Certainly...

Bob Marley... Uprising 

Michael Jackson... Off The Wall 

The Doobie Brothers... One Step Closer 

Ooo great choices!

- Animals by Pink Floyd : Pink Floyd's most underrated album, the most punk too.

- Deguello by ZZ Top : The Texan trio at their peak before the commercial deluge brought by Eliminator. An inimitable guitar sound.

- Unknown Pleasure by Joy Division : A universe difficult to penetrate because the tracks are blurred by medications but then we arrive at pure art. Peter Hook remains one of my reference bassists.

image.thumb.png.bc2c6404594d9eba0c8c1ee723b4ca4e.png

image.thumb.png.a259257a26484738947dd112764d5e0e.png

image.thumb.png.c3cbac97c739f9f7e0dab45e35ab9f1e.png

• Like 1

On 10/15/2023 at 1:05 PM, john said:

An interesting selection! I remember as a teen when Iron Maiden Iron Maiden came out. One of my friends played it relentlessly. Rock in Rio must have been out about 20 years by now, surely? I’ve never really listened to Epica. I’ve heard perhaps 2 tracks off it, maybe 3.

Cradle of Filth are a little different. Funny how both Cruelty and the Beast and Rock in Rio start with short scene setters. Vocally entirely different. Ok, there is a difference musically but vocally it is like chalk and cheese.

I've always been a fan of Iron Maiden and of live albums in general. I think that Rick in Rio has a track list that offers enough variety to justify taking with me to a deserted island 👌 Most people I've met here don't listen to metal all that much anyhow, so I'm glad to hear that you know who Kamelot are!

Speaking of which. Interestingly enough, when I was first introduced to Cradle of Filth I didn't really like their music all that much. I thought that their first albums were too messy and that their drummer was just awful. However, their lyrics have peeked my interest as they were surprisingly well written. I also liked the stories themselves. "Cruelty and the Beast" in particular IMO is an interesting encapsulation of a moment in time where a band is slowly starting to 'evolve'. Call me crazy, but I really enjoy observing 'change'. It inspires me.

As for the scene setters. To be perfectly honest I'm not a big fan. If they are not done exceedingly well and serve a more meaningful purpose.. then.. 9/10 times I will just.. you know.. skip them 😅👍

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

They’d all be double albums, the White album for certain, maybe The Wall, maybe REO You Get What You Play For, maybe Exile On Main Street, but I’ve been thinking too hard on this now, I have to go to bed.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, McnaughtonPark said:

They’d all be double albums, the White album for certain, maybe The Wall, maybe REO You Get What You Play For, maybe Exile On Main Street, but I’ve been thinking too hard on this now, I have to go to bed.

Some good choices Tom! :)

• Like 1