Your Ad Could Be Here

Moments through "Your Mind"

• Editors

I hope you're doing well. Just wanted to take some space here to share the fact that my debut EP titled "Accept" turned 5 this month. It was also the first record released by Songstuff bred record label Red Circle 7 Records. And over the years since its release, I have learnt so much in running a music business or having a musical profession of any form.

Although I've communicated with you through the weekly newsletters you get from us, as a community member, I've not been as active in the past few years as I used to be. And that's because life as a touring musician kept me on the road exhausted and sleep deprived. And when I was back home, I was scrambling to get back on the road to keep the bills paid. It was a roller coaster of a ride and a life changing time that's made me the musician I am today. I still do tour once a year but I'm glad now to be able to make a living from my studio as a vocal coach while being able to choose the gigs I want to play. Oh and also, I was busy getting married earlier this year and that kept me busy as well :DBut I'm glad to be settling back in and will be posting a little more often. Feel free to say hi! 

I put together a video post for my followers through performances of the song "Your Mind" on the road. (Oh how wonderful it was to be foolish and young!  :)) I thought it was appropriate and special since it was the first single on "Accept". Will be posting more from the "Accept" era on my social media. Will probably post here too maybe on my Songstuff blog. ;)

Again, hope to be around here a little more! See you on the boards!

• Like 4

Nice to seem some of the hundreds of hours of tour videos making it to edit! ;) Honestly, it’s great to see.

You should have some great advice to offer to gigging musicians as well as some interesting gig stories… and at last some of them can be shared on our boards ;) lol

Other than tours, I would suggest looking at one-off larger gigs as a way forwards. I won’t drone on in here unless you are interested but I will say it can be lucrative if you have some local draw, based on selling tickets for a larger venue.

I’d be interested in hearing something about the places you played, the venues, the locale, the people etc. as part of the context of any performance footage. Perhaps in your blog and/or your channel? Just a couple of thoughts.

What are your plans for new releases?

• 1 month later...
  • Editors
On 12/8/2023 at 5:34 AM, McnaughtonPark said:

Congratulations on your career choice, you’ve done so well.

Awww thank you Tom! That's very kind of you to say. It's been a roller coaster for sure. But definitely a good one. Glad to have grown along the way

• Like 2

Wow, 5 years..hard to believe!  It's fun to see "Your Mind" on the road, especially the on-stage connections with the bandmates and the audience. 

• Like 2