Your Ad Could Be Here

I watch Cakewalk Deals page and I'm getting 502. Anyone else getting that error?

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/forum/34-deals/

Let me know :P

Between Songstuff and Cakewalk Deals are the only two forums I currently use frequently.  I might not post often on Songstuff, but eventually will.  I'm more of a reader?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, El Diablo Songwriter said:

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/forum/34-deals/

Let me know :P

Between Songstuff and Cakewalk Deals are the only two forums I currently use frequently.  I might not post often on Songstuff, but eventually will.  I'm more of a reader?

I get a 502 Bad Gateway error

With forums, activity breeds activity. The more active that you are in posting the kind of content you like, the more the community grows to have a stronger representation of that kind of content, the more members it attracts that are interested in what you are interested in, the more the forum is formed to give you what you are looking for. Not a sales pitch, just the way the world works!

• Like 1

On 11/19/2023 at 12:32 AM, El Diablo Songwriter said:

I also frequent that site, even though I have fallen off with Cakewalk some time ago. I was a prolific poster of deals and now since I pretty much have everything, I don't do that as much lol.

The same handful seem to emerge. I was once all about the tools and they are important no doubt to have good ones, but I've realized the tools often have little to do with anything if what you have is decent already.

I play guitars and other stringed things. I have found just recording them is better than a VST copy, although since my rock bass has been making noises I have used MODO bass a lot and I add waves submarine which works well in the sub bass ranges.

We tend to fall in and out of things over time. I like this site, but other priorities took over these last few years. Interacting tells me things about both myself and others. Many of those I made music with have gone to who knows where? I went through a growing process myself, so I'm not exactly the same person I was. 

The Cakewalk site has a colorful interesting past, but I think I've outgrown it in terms of usefulness unless I look at the deals.

Sometimes putting something out to a forum where you suspect others might be similar has it's merits even  if it isn't agreed with, as it helps to analyze things to see if it might in some way help. It may even be helpful to put something controversial out to see what radical views on it exist.

In recording lot's of people are online making their how to videos, but I think just doing it counts for a lot since there are multiple ways of doing just about anything. Take the subject of bass for instance, probably ten different ways to get a track to slot and have the effect you want all the way from simple to complex.

Confidence counts for a lot. Someone somewhere will always find a problem with what you're doing, especially if you ask for it.

If it sounds good it is good. If it sounds good to you who cares what anyone else thinks. Plenty of "sloppy" songs made it to the top. That's where I am right now. Not that I don't accept advice, but really I mostly know what I'm doing by now.