Your Ad Could Be Here

What Instruments Do You Have?

IMG_7237.webp

Hi

What do you consider your main instrument?

Do you play any other instruments? If you do, what would you consider your second, third and beyond instruments?

What other instruments would you like to play?

I’ll post my instruments in a weirdo reply to my own topic. Be gentle, I have Covid!

Cheers

John

Okay…

My main instrument is…. Dun dun dun…. Guitar! I play acoustic and electric. I like everything from folk & guitar music, to rock, metal, funk. I find it a very natural instrument to play.

My second instrument is piano and keyboards. I actually started the piano when I was 4. My mum was a part time piano teacher and opera singer.

My third instrument is my voice. Weirdly I learned little about actually singing from either my mum or choirs from when I was a kid. Most of my vocal learning was as an adult after I had to step in because we couldn’t find a singer for my band at the time!

Beyond that I play bass guitar, mandolin, didgeridoo, bodhran, bagpipes… though I am pretty out of practice with the last 3. I also have a djembe, violin (used to play very well, now badly out of practice). I’ve played various drums, but I am a beginner on a kit… and don’t have a kit to play.

I would love a set of Uilleann pipes, but I’ll need to save up. I would love a concert grand piano too…. Along with a house big enough to put it in! One day maybe. If I win the lottery.

Here’s a link to a gallery with some of my instruments in it:

Cheers

John

• john changed the title to What Instruments Do You Have?
  • 1 month later...

The only instrument I ever studied formally, was the trumpet. I have two of them here, and haven't played either one in 12 or 13 years, though I did play it for 30 years. I also have a couple of MIDI controller keyboards and an EWI (MIDI Wind Instrument). 

I don't have good coordination skills, and although I can kind of hack around on the keyboard and EWI, I wouldn't perform either in public these days (I did a couple of concerts with the EWI years back, but they were free improv, so there wasn't really such thing as playing a mistake.  :D

I'm definitely not a singer either, so I guess I wouldn't call myself a musician at all. 

I use virtual band mates to get my creativity out there.

On 1/8/2024 at 4:12 AM, MisterB said:

The only instrument I ever studied formally, was the trumpet. I have two of them here, and haven't played either one in 12 or 13 years, though I did play it for 30 years. I also have a couple of MIDI controller keyboards and an EWI (MIDI Wind Instrument). 

I don't have good coordination skills, and although I can kind of hack around on the keyboard and EWI, I wouldn't perform either in public these days (I did a couple of concerts with the EWI years back, but they were free improv, so there wasn't really such thing as playing a mistake.  :D

I'm definitely not a singer either, so I guess I wouldn't call myself a musician at all. 

I use virtual band mates to get my creativity out there.

Kudos to you for trying to reaching out about your music passion. I'd love some of your works.