Your Ad Could Be Here

New here - Howdy!

• Noob

Hi everyone. New here.

I have been writing and playing music since I took up violin in 7th grade (a long time ago!!) then guitar in 8th grade and bands soon after. I then went on to many other instruments, bands, and an ever expanding studio. I have been very active in songwriter organizations and forums over the years. 

Real life was a parallel path, taking a lot of time and energy. I am actually a neurologist/neuroscientist (hence the screen name) but have recently reduced to 2 days a week and so hope to spend a lot more time for music. I grew up in South Florida, but have lived all over the country. We most recently moved from Houston, TX to Santa Fe, NM in 2019. 

I like most genres of music and love to collaborate and go down varied musical rabbit holes.  The fruits of these collaborations (as well as solo stuff) are on my "The RT Project" SoundClick site:

https://www.soundclick.com/thertproject

I am delighted to have found this forum and hope to meet and hopefully collaborate with many of you

• Like 2

Welcome! 

Welcome to Songstuff, Neuroron.  Nice to have you here.  Listening and enjoying "The RT Project".

Hey there Neuroron! Welcome to Songstuff!

Now you’ve reduced your hours, do you have plans for your music? By that I mean, you could be planning to have more hours to more of what you’ve been doing up until now, or do you plan for something new? New music, new goals, new media, new marketing & promo? You get what I mean :)

• Noob
Posted (edited)

TYVM Peggy.

John, a bit of both. 1) I perform (solo) weekly but mostly open mic sets. I am trying to get several hour gigs. I did a gypsy jazz duo for a while also. 2) I have been writing and recording a lot. I am currently in the midst of doing a "Space rock opera" and that has spun off into reading a lot of science fiction again and space science non- fiction. 3) I have finally been getting videography going. Also I have been getting and learning more and more software. So the hours are filling up especially since I don't get to retire from household/family obligations:)

However these have largely been solitary activities. The thing I am missing is the interactive aspect of music which has not been happening as much as I would like. Which is one of the reasons I am here. Santa Fe is a beautiful- but small - place. 

Edited by Neuroron
typos