Your Ad Could Be Here

Hey man, I loaded all the effects!

Computer hasn't blow up yet, ho ho.

I think there's 8 of 'em.

:)

Hey Prometheus buddy, thx too, for the explaining on channel strip/getting the effects up.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey man, I loaded all the effects!

Computer hasn't blow up yet, ho ho.

I think there's 8 of 'em.

:)

Hey Prometheus buddy, thx too, for the explaining on channel strip/getting the effects up.

Sounds like you're on your way Donna! :)

• 4 weeks later...

I may have overlooked, but I didn't see links to these 2 usefull sites:

analog x has some usefull tools I think

I use the 'autotune' to tune my one shot samples to put in my software sampler. 'Say it' is a nice sounding text to speach program, usefull for making robot sounding vocal samples. The 'vocoder' is a very simple one but has a nice sound.

I also use buzz machines It's a virtual studio, not the most stable software and not the most handy thing for sequencing, but has a lot of nice tools and a good sound. To give you an example, I made this song with Buzz: B913 is a hoax

Edited by Midnight_sun

I've just discovered a Pro Tools style editor called "Reaper" that looks really excellent... Well worth a try out...

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Au...rs/REAPER.shtml

I think you need to sign up to download from that link, but I'll see if I can find a better one in the morning...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello folks, just signed in yesterday.. And this is a my favorite topic already.. I'm busy experimenting on recording and producing.. have tried a lot of freeware VST synths..

Lately I discovered an plug-in that emulates the famous Roland JX8P sound very well.. I do own this particular synth and it has become my favorite for creamy pads.. You can download it here CPU ussage is a bit high bit the sounds.

Another favorite VST synth which I could recommend if you need low CPU ussage.. (some of you might already know it) is Synth1 You can download it here

As an experiment I once made the track below here. Except for the drums vocal and guitar, everything you hear was done by this plug. I used 6 instances on an old Dualcore P4 which was sort of the limit but the sounds can be very cool :)

[media=]http://soundcloud.com/macgyvergear/the-light-is-in-the-air

Edited by LoveHurts
  • Like 1

Hi's

Of all the freeware I've tried one still reigns supreme. Proteus VX

The catch is if you are using Vista or Windows 7 you must install the program using right click, run as administrator and then open the program using right click, run as administrator. Which kind of makes it a pain to use in daw's But still for the sheer volume of sounds and quailty of them it's hard to beat

.http://www.creative.com/emu/proteusvx/

Used the proteus for a while.. very low CPU comsumption.. Nice one

Arturia's Mini-moog emulation will be free for download only on the 21th of June.. So grab this one of you like punchy Moog synth-bass sounds and synth-solo's

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/minimoogv/minimoogv-original.html

pageHeader_minior.jpg

Server for the Arturia Mini-Moog plug seems to be off-line but the links below here should work with a torrent program like "utorrent"

registration is necessary by email.. and by that you got a serial sended to activate the plug.. I succeed registration in about 3 times.. so be patient and keepon tryin' :yes:

Mac code:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:3d64809377fbeed4258aed75249f8ad8149d36ba&dn=minimoogv_original.dmg&tr=udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce&tr=udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80/announce

Windows code:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:1e151df22e197160e511be3de7c4e08d637540e5&dn=minimoogv_original.exe&tr=udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce&tr=udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80/announce

Edited by LoveHurts

• 1 month later...